Monster Speaker Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Speaker Cable

I just got a Monster Studio Pro 1000 very cheap from the bay.

Tried it today. First I recognized the sound is different. I couldn't stand with that. I took my old cable. Ok there was the old sound i used to have in my ears - it seemed to be smoother. Go back to the monster. Yeah it's clearer. But it still sounds heavy like a bulldozer.
    Then I was tweaking the bass knob and got it: I lowered the bass (from 5-6 till 3-4!!) and liked the sound much. Just my sound maybe with a little bit tighter bottom.

Can it be that the monster have so much more bass? It seems the bass increases and get tighter.

I think I have to compare it again! This are just my first impressions....
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

I have monster cables...two long ones ( 6 ft., 8 ft. maybe? ) and two patch cables. My cleans have never been cleaner! I also noticed a change in the bass response, but when you kick up the treble there's more of that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye
      I have monster cables...two long ones ( 6 ft., 8 ft. maybe? ) and two patch cables. My cleans have never been cleaner! I also noticed a change in the bass response, but when you kick up the treble there's more of that too.
      I just talked about speaker cables they're are changing the bass more i think.

On Instrument cables other factors plays a role.
      I'm gonna check out Monster Instrument Cables too. I used to play D'addarios. They're very nice. But from this soundclips:

I like the GeorgeLs over the Monsters.
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I had changed from useing cheaper longer speaker cables to two 6 foot Preformer 500 Monster speaker cables from my amp to the cabinets and noticed a big difference!!
        Well worth the money spent!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
          I just talked about speaker cables they're are changing the bass more i think.

On Instrument cables other factors plays a role.
          I'm gonna check out Monster Instrument Cables too. I used to play D'addarios. They're very nice. But from this soundclips:

I like the GeorgeLs over the Monsters.

You know, I have the Preformer Monster cables, so mine sound a little different.

I can definantly hear the difference, the Studio's sound like they have a bit more of a tighter bass response.
          Last edited by Closed Eye; 03-22-2004, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X