buzzing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzing problems

well, today i started to record my friend's band in my basement. everything we've done so far would have turned out pretty damn good, except for this awful buzzing that i can't seem to get rid of. i know all the cables we're using are good, seeing as how i use the same ones all the time with no problems. and i know the outlet is grounded properly. we're using a yamaha mx200 16-channel mixer, i'm thinking there might just be something up with this because it seems kind of hoopdy if you know what i mean.

could this problem be coming from the mixer being plugged into the same outlet as my computer? (we're recording onto the computer). i want this to come out as good as possible, but the buzzing just makes it miserable.
    gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
    '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
    mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
    marshall 1960A 4x12
    and a few pedals

Re: buzzing problems

Try plugging everything into an outlet somewhere else in the house. It could be a wiring problem with that particular outlet, or it could be a cheap powerstrip if you're using one of those.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Re: buzzing problems

well, turns out that was the problem. i just plugged the mixer into a different outlet and blam, it was gone. electronics are weird.

looks like tomorrow will be another loud day.
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
      mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

Working...
      X