Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how much would my guitar sell for?

Originally posted by seanguynj
    man those studio pluses sold for CHEAP.... wowww.... i've seen normal studios go higher than that...

yeah that's what I was thinking. Maybe I should Gibson a chance again...hmmmmm. If I come across an alpine white studio with gold hardware with a reasonable price I might just have to consider it.

Comment

yea... darn... what a bargain hahaha seriously... i love the tone of my les paul, i just don't like the neck and the bad access to higher frets... maybe i should just keep it, because i'll probably regret it if i sell it... but the SCHECTER... *drool*
      Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus Desert Burst
      Ibanez RG770DX
      Takamine EAN10C Acoustic
      Long live ROCK.

Comment

Yeah keep the Gibson, you will regret getting rid of it especially if you lose that much money. I had a Schecter C-1 plus for a couple of years and it's a great guitar. The one thing I hated about that guitar thought was the neck. The curve was too dramatic and it was too thick in the middle. It just didn't work for my hands. But it's definately a nice sounding well made guitar. But I hate to admit the Gibson probably is a better guitar, and they are going to sound pretty similiar considering they use the same type of construction, woods, etc. I ended up selling my C-1 plus and I recently got an ESP EC-1000 and it's one of the best guitars I've ever owned, I love it.

Comment

Your in the grey area now as far as resale Value goes. In years from
          now it will start to regain value ( going by the vintage market?) I
          would hold on to it if you can?
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
            ending prices for other studio pluses:

forget what you paid retail for it, that doesn't matter once you sell it used. Selling guitars is like selling cars. Once it's off the lot, it depreciates by 20% or more.
            ERR!! That one's less than I payed for my Epiphone!

...oh well,

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
              $850 tops. I buy and sell (broker) instruments. Last Les Paul studio I sold I got $611. There is no way you are going to get 1,200 and possible but very very very unlikely you'll get 1,000. I'd say $800-$950 is what you might get if you're lucky. The best way to tell is search ebay or completed items for les paul studios, sell what they sold for, and that's pretty much what people will compare it to.

I say keep the gibson and save up for the Schecter. I hate Gibson guitars but I wouldn't mind getting a desertburst like that.
              I'd have to agree with Xero. I've been studying Studios on ebay for several weeks waiting for a nice '95 to come around (one of the recent and exceptional years that these baby's were made....great playa's), and I saw just one or two with as nice a finish as yours which as I recall went for around $800. Unless you're a collector (aren't we all?....lol) that finish is the only thing that makes the guitar different from any other Studio.
              Prices on regular red, black, or white finished Studios in great shape have been around $600-$650. Why would a person wanna spend $300-400 more just for a finish?
              But that is a beauty of a Studio you have there. If I had the money I could've went for your's over the ebony '95 I just bought the other day.
              Good luck on your auction!

-Bob

Comment

Working...
              X