Metal Zone / Metal Muff / Metal Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metal Zone / Metal Muff / Metal Core

Have you guys tried the Subdecay Blackstar? Shell out abit more money but it will be worth it.

Comment

Check those ones.
      http://www.amtelectronics.com/eng/fi...roduction.html
      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

For the Boss pedals, I prefer the Mega Distortion one to the rest for metal tones. The Metalzone, in live situations I've heard have been too crispy, spiky and just annoying on the ears. Haven't heard the metal core, and for fooling around with some metal, like RATM, my Tele and DS-1 pull it off. I wouldn't take my word too highly though considering I don't play metal.
        "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

I currently use the Metal Zone.. I was alternating between my DS-1 Distortion and the Metal Zone, the DS-1 was more abrasive and it had a rougher distortion than my Metal Zone. I liked the flexibility that I have with the Metal Zone as far as EQ.

I have had a bunch of different distortion pedals including an original Big Muff Pi, Original Rat, Rat II, Turbo Rat, Original Tube Screamer, TS-10 classic, TS-9, Boss Super Overdrive, Boss Overdrive, Russian Big Muff, Pi, Distortion + (Script and non-script), Daddy-O, Boss Heavy Metal, DOD American Metal, Digitech Hot Rod Distortion, Snarling Dogs Vari-Tone, and a billion more than I can remember...

Some pedals work well with some amps and some just don't do it. I generally try to find something that works within the parameters of what I need. There were times that I have used my Heavy Metal pedal for years... or alternate between the Tube Screamers...

I used to just have a setup that had a stream of pedals...
          Gibson Les Paul Standard - JB Neck/Pearly Gates Bridge
          Gibson Les Paul Custom - EMG 89 Neck/EMG 85 Bridge
          1965 Fender Mustang - 50's PAF Neck/50's PAF Bridge
          American Fender 1957 Reissue Stratocaster - stock 57/62 Neck/Middle/Bridge
          Performance Custom Strat- 59 Neck/Screaming Demon Trembucker Bridge
          Performance Custom Strat - EMG S/S/S
          Gibson SG - Gibson mini-humbucker Neck/JB Bridge
          Hamer Special Vintage - SD P-90 Neck/SD P-90 Bridge
          Kramer Pacer Imperial - JB Neck/JB Bridge

Comment

Rafito, quit spamming.
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Best metal distortion pedal I ever played was the MXR Dime Distortion.
              sigpic
              Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
              X