Re: KLON...

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
    So, what do you guys recon ?

Is the Soul Food a worthy Klon klone ?
    I hope so. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
      Well if you wager that they won't drop in price, buy one now and you might profit when the price raises even more. They should be most popular with Gen X'ers right? In the next five to fifteen years they should be hitting the empty nest/midlife crisis phase of their lives and willing to blow lots of their excess golden aged cash attempting to recapture their youth. I foresee bullish activity in the Klon market through at least 2025.
      That's why I'm banking big on ring pops and old sugar ray and Kris kross albums.

Honestly, I feel like there will be coming soon, kind of a high gain version of the klon. Not the same circuit, etc. but an end-all high gain boutique overdrive built in small numbers using rare components surrounded by myth and lore, something that is very good of it's own merits but because of scarcity becomes prized above all of its competitors.

As for the component count, isn't the klon a clean boost, overdrive, and charge pump all on the same board? Or something like that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
      I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

One of the best parts of a the Klon circuit is the buffer , people make little mini pedals with just the buffer .
        Originally posted by Oinkus
        I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by jimijames View Post
          Honestly, I feel like there will be coming soon, kind of a high gain version of the klon. Not the same circuit, etc. but an end-all high gain boutique overdrive built in small numbers using rare components surrounded by myth and lore, something that is very good of it's own merits but because of scarcity becomes prized above all of its competitors.
          Paul Cochrane is supposedly no longer producing Tim pedals as of 2013, but Timmies are still being made. I'm seeing mildly disparaging comments like "90% of the value [Tim's value] is in the Timmy". I can foresee several years from now TGP comments becoming more like "none are as good as the original Tims", because people's memories and nostalgia are convenient like that. Some used Tims might be worth speculating on. Tim pedals are currently selling on ebay used for about what they had cost new.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
            So, what do you guys recon ?

Is the Soul Food a worthy Klon klone ?
            I got one earlier this year, but it didn't excite me enough to keep it on the board - I preferred my AC Booster, and even that's not on my board right now.
            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
              i just dont get why someone doesn't buy one and reverse engineer it.
              - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
              Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
              The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

I've got a KTR inbound tomorrow. I will be able to compare it to an aluminum falcon. If the falcon wins... Ktr on the bay and my kids get a nice summer gift lol.
                Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
                  I got one earlier this year, but it didn't excite me enough to keep it on the board - I preferred my AC Booster, and even that's not on my board right now.

Good to know - thanks.
                  Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
                  X