Seymour Duncan Ktg-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Ktg-1

Hello all, Newb here. I am in search of a schematic for the vintage Ktg-1 preamp from Seymour Duncan. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I have been a Seymour Duncan pickup user for the past 25 years and want to get this preamp rocking again. Thanks.

Re: Seymour Duncan Ktg-1

This is a question for Duncan customer service. If there's one thing I know about Seymour, it's that he keeps records of everything he's ever done. Someone may have to dig through his file cabinet, but it's probably not lost.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I sent a request to customer service, we'll see if I get a response. Cool preamp, one of the best cleans I've heard in a preamp. If I can't get one, I'll just rebuild it from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I sent a request to customer service, we'll see if I get a response. Cool preamp, one of the best cleans I've heard in a preamp. If I can't get one, I'll just rebuild it from scratch.
        Oh, I thought you had one that needed fixed. I didn't realize you're trying to build one from scratch. I'll be honest, I've never even seen one....I've only played a handful of the amps that have proprietary modules. I have no idea how complicated this task is that you're thinking of, but I'd probably buy a Marshall JMP-1 or Mesa Triaxis or ENGL pre before I'd even think of trying to reproduce an old Duncan preamp.

Creating a preamp is like opening a 5 gallon bucket of worms, if you're trying to clone something complicated.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I actually have one, I am just dissatisfied with the distortion channel, and trying to get a hold of a schematic to change it up a little. So it kinda needs repair, looking to make the distorion like a Soldogner kind of thing. The preamp looks very mod friendly. Single sided pcb, fender type circuit with the tonestack right after the first gain stage. You get the idea.

Comment

Sorry for mis-communication, I guess I did make it sound like it was broke. It works it's just meh. The cleans are great just the dirt is lifeless and muddy even after a tube change.

Comment

are you selling yours by anychance?

Comment

Instead of bumping up threads from eons ago, why not tut sending the users a private message?
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

The first link I hit downloaded it for me automatically.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Working...
                  X