banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just spent over $300 buying a single pedal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just spent over $300 buying a single pedal.

I've always wanted to try the Theta head. That thing looks sweet!
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by kingswebe View Post
      That thing is SICK! It gave me instant G.A.S.
      Yeah, I think this is what I've been looking for. Like I said, I haven't even cranked it all the way, so I've still got some room for more gain if necessary.

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
      I've always wanted to try the Theta head. That thing looks sweet!
      They've got a matching power amp:

$335 street for the preamp, the power amp is the same price. The head is $1800, if you really need all the channels and 300W, otherwise, you can save a bit going for the pedals.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

OK, we need a review.

Comment

Wow! Never heard of that.. Congrats!! Id go dizzy trying to figure out all the knobs..

this thread has my curiousity peaked on the AMT SS20 also... someone clue me in..??
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

sick sick looking spaceship!!!! man the controls!!! beam me up scotty, ground control to mr. tom

I dig my decimator gstring too dude, congratz

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
              OK, we need a review.
              I've tried and sold a lot of stuff, so far this really looks like a keeper. I was able to find a good sound in about 30 seconds, no joke.

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              Wow! Never heard of that.. Congrats!! Id go dizzy trying to figure out all the knobs..
              It looked confusing to me too, but the top row of knobs are for the (optional) preamp/clean channel, and the bottom row are for the distortion channels. I just use the 2nd distortion channel (so Gain 2), the bottom row of knobs to taste, and the decimator knob to reduce noise. I do have to play with the preamp soon, but it was easier just plugging in a TS clone with my settings already on it.

this thread has my curiousity peaked on the AMT SS20 also... someone clue me in..??
              The AMT SS-20 is a tube preamp, I'd actually want the SS-30, which is their solid state one.

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
              sick sick looking spaceship!!!! man the controls!!! beam me up scotty, ground control to mr. tom

I dig my decimator gstring too dude, congratz
              Yeah, this thing is very cool.

It's also capable of a WIDE variety of tones:

None of those are mine, but gives you an idea of what it's capable of.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Dang! That looks like a whole control center there. Cool pedal. I will listen to the videos. My 2nd guess was going to be a Soldano pedal.

Comment

Too many knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                    Boom.

Pfft! I just lay one of my Mesa heads on the floor with the front panel up and use my toes on the toggle switches....
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

So now that you've owned it for 9 months or whatever, how has your opinion of this unit held up? Have their been any letdowns or nice surprises?

In particular, have you done anything djenty with this? I.E. heavily gated stuff with a decent amount of gain. Are you able to find a good balance between sustain and gate? Can you produce fast muted rest sections without a squeal or honk invading them?

Comment

It's only a little over $21 per knob, that sounds reasonable to me.
                        *******Please check out some of my songs:
                        https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
                          Pfft! I just lay one of my Mesa heads on the floor with the front panel up and use my toes on the toggle switches....
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by exnihilo View Post
                            6 metal zones you glued together.

cg
                            . . . you mean, six Expandora's all daisy chained together, ZZ-Top style !

But that will be way over 300.0 Dollars.
                            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
                            X