No announcement yet.

One more: Blakemore Effects Dreamsicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more: Blakemore Effects Dreamsicle.

Same signal chain as last clip but with the Dreamsicle instead of the Tri/Ram, obviously. The riff at the end should give you a hint as to the DNA of this pedal. It's surprisingly versatile for a muff, the tones are extremely pleasing throughout the gain range. I like the fuzz down around 10 o clock about as much as I do with it max'd. Judge for yourselves, but I love it. Definitely a keeper.

Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: One more: Blakemore Effects Dreamsicle.

I'm sold! This is the tones I want. What guitar is this?

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot I made this demo otherwise I would have sent it to you. The guitar is a Fender MIJ 62 Reissue Strat with a Custom/59 Hybrid in the bridge and a Screamin' Demon in the neck. IIRC I played the 'Quiet' riff on the Demon.

EDIT: By the way, since you're buying a muff you might want to listen to this. This is the one muff I've kept after going through a good few others (Mojo Hand Colossus, Dreamsicle, NYC Reissue, Stomp Under Foot Violet Ram's Head, perhaps more that I'm forgetting). What makes it even better than the Dreamsicle IMO is that instead of a tone bypass switch to help you get some mids in your muff tone to cut through, you have a dedicated mids control. While you lose the footswitchability of the Dreamsicle, you gain the ability to fine tune how much mid frequencies are in your tone instead of being limited to two options. And if you're worried about not having the tone bypass available for a volume boost, I wouldn't - unless you're playing into an amp that won't get any louder there is way too much of a volume boost from the tone bypass to use for regular volume boost applications. Plus, you get the ability to switch between a triangle muff and a ram's head muff, giving the pedal way more versatility than most muffs.

You just have to ask yourself how important getting to as close to Corgan's tone as possible is to you, because that's one thing it can't do - unequivocally nail the Siamese Dream tone (through the right amp of course). It will be more than close enough, but you'll hear the difference. But if you want versatility, the Tri/Ram muff might be your bag, as the Dreamsicle kind of only has a few different tones.
      Last edited by Agileguy_101; 03-28-2014, 02:36 AM.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Looking forward to checking this out.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I really like these clips but man I really dig the DeviEver SodaMeiser a lot and I like the Leviathian too.... probably going to be purchasing a fuzz soon.... my old go to was the HyperFuzz...

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            Oh yeah, I forgot I made this demo otherwise I would have sent it to you. The guitar is a Fender MIJ 62 Reissue Strat with a Custom/59 Hybrid in the bridge and a Screamin' Demon in the neck. IIRC I played the 'Quiet' riff on the Demon.

EDIT: By the way, since you're buying a muff you might want to listen to this. This is the one muff I've kept after going through a good few others (Mojo Hand Colossus, Dreamsicle, NYC Reissue, Stomp Under Foot Violet Ram's Head, perhaps more that I'm forgetting). What makes it even better than the Dreamsicle IMO is that instead of a tone bypass switch to help you get some mids in your muff tone to cut through, you have a dedicated mids control. While you lose the footswitchability of the Dreamsicle, you gain the ability to fine tune how much mid frequencies are in your tone instead of being limited to two options. And if you're worried about not having the tone bypass available for a volume boost, I wouldn't - unless you're playing into an amp that won't get any louder there is way too much of a volume boost from the tone bypass to use for regular volume boost applications. Plus, you get the ability to switch between a triangle muff and a ram's head muff, giving the pedal way more versatility than most muffs.

You just have to ask yourself how important getting to as close to Corgan's tone as possible is to you, because that's one thing it can't do - unequivocally nail the Siamese Dream tone (through the right amp of course). It will be more than close enough, but you'll hear the difference. But if you want versatility, the Tri/Ram muff might be your bag, as the Dreamsicle kind of only has a few different tones.
            nice write up! of course versatility is important. but from my research the transistor based muffs have a different tonal range than the opamp/ic muffs. Ideally both would be nice to have on a pedal board. Out of the box, the dreamsicle can sound radically different when being boosted by another pedal, such as a rat.

Comment

Working...
            X