X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looper / Drum Machine guys - check out this pedal

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
    not familiar with Busking, are you.
    The only street musician guitarists I saw with a drum component played along to a backing track that supplied both bass and drums. All the others I've seen play a style of music that sounds good as a solo act, no drummer intended. That pedal is clearly mimicking a full backing band drumming sound, so the absence of a bass part is going to be all the more noticeable in that context. It probably has a hand drum / percussionist patch that's more appropriate for a sparse, folk style, but they didn't show anything like that off in the video.

If we're being honest, the video presentation style and everything is not trying to impress street performers, it's aimed squarely at bedroom teenage guitarists who want to sound more like they're playing with a full band. And I say teenager because I think older players are less given to fantasy, are fine playing without fake drums and would rather not deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
      If we're being honest, the video presentation style and everything is not trying to impress street performers, it's aimed squarely at bedroom teenage guitarists who want to sound more like they're playing with a full band. And I say teenager because I think older players are less given to fantasy, are fine playing without fake drums and would rather not deal with it.
      You say that like there's something wrong with being a teenage guitarist. Or that someone is trying to market to them.

For the record, I can think of plenty of older (20 year and older) players that could use this. It seems like a lot of fun to practice with.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
        You say that like there's something wrong with being a teenage guitarist.

You say that like there is something wrong with fantasizing. Fantasy sells a lot of guitars. Older players just seem more, um, down to earth, for lack of a better description.

Comment

If I didn't have a wife and 2 kids I'd be busking and I'd either be playing a farmer foot drum, a midi version of one cobbled together with parts from Alesis and Keith McMillen, or this. Bluegrass guys will find use in this too as they don't have to kick a piezo brick anymore.
          It was a pain in the butt to find AC outlets to run the drum brain or laptop. Now it can be all in the back pocket and run with batteries.

If it runs midi gm, it probably has bass lines too.

They really should apply some advertising effort to street players who use amps. This is a game changer for them.

off u see did MRSAge, I m on tapa talk and auto correct is hating on me
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Didn't even think of it...
            If it runs midi I/o, bring a set of piezo pads, a microcontroller for midi synthesis and this thing and you're live drumming too.

off u see did MRSAge, I m on tapa talk and auto correct is hating on me
            Originally posted by Funkfingers
            Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

You say that like there is something wrong with fantasizing. Fantasy sells a lot of guitars. Older players just seem more, um, down to earth, for lack of a better description.
              Have you ever heard of "blues lawyers?"

When a mid-life crisis hits, it hits hard. Teenagers don't have the wisdom of decades of exposure to consumerism, so I'd say they deserve to indulge in fantasy. When 50-60 year olds do it it can appear rather ridiculous. But if they have fun, who are you or I to judge? It doesn't affect anyone, just like whether or not people, for instance, say the pledge of allegiance.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

If you drew a ven diagram where one circle is of people who perform solo, another circle is people who play music that requires a drummer, and another of people who like to screw around with technology, the overlap would be a tiny dot. Target buyer: high school talent show guitarists who go to strange high schools that have no drummers.
                I think it would be a cool writing tool. I know a ton of professional guitarists that would use that pedal for riff writing and general practice. Anything that gets the creative juices running is a plus. I don't see myself using it at a high school talent show or any other gig. It would be great for the home jam spot.

Comment

If you drew a ven diagram where one circle is of people who perform solo, another circle is people who play music that requires a drummer, and another of people who like to screw around with technology, the overlap would be a tiny dot. Target buyer: high school talent show guitarists who go to strange high schools that have no drummers.
                  Originally posted by DreX
                  Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                  The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                  There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                  Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                  I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Working...
                  X