Recent score: ADA MP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recent score: ADA MP-1

The ADA MP-1 is a really nice Pre-amp. Good score my friend!

I've tried both the MP-1 and the MP-2 but I liked the MP-1 way more than I did the MP-2. It was a much easier Pre-amp to tweak. No matter how many times I tried to tweak the MP-2, I could never get a satisfying tone out of it. Maybe it was just me. Plus it was used so the guy before had all these pre-sets in that he used that I didn't find usable. Probably should've tried to figure out how to reset it or something.

Nevertheless, the MP-1 was a great Pre-amp and I found lots of usable tones and it was way more user friendly. The MP-2 just had way too much going on with it IMO.

Comment

ADA MP1 > Yamaha SPX90 > BBE Sonic Maximizer > Power Amp > Speaker of Choice =
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Hmmm. I've had the mp1 for years, pickedup an spx90 last year. Maybe need to find myself a sonic maximizer.
        Originally posted by Brown Note
        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
        My Blog

Comment

Only if I could score an old Yamaha SPX90 ... Nevertheless, I have a strong urge to substitute it with either a Lexicon MX400 or a TC M350. Both of them are fine, no? And a BBE Sonic Maximizer...

300 dollars...

Definitely doable!

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I know it's subjective, but what's the "good" sonic maximizer model? There's always *that one* that "everyone" says is the good one, all the others suck, etc etc.
            I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
            My Blog

Comment

I suppose this one, no?

Get the guaranteed best price on Sound Enhancers & Exciters like the BBE 382i Stereo Sonic Maximizer at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                I suppose this one, no?

Get the guaranteed best price on Sound Enhancers & Exciters like the BBE 382i Stereo Sonic Maximizer at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

B
                Yep
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Really? I'da thought for sure it was one of the older 4xx models. At least that was the word a few years ago, IIRC.
                  My Blog

Comment

Nice score Doc! I see you have a Roland GP-16. I actually still use an old GP-8 for chorus and delay. The thing still sounds surprisingly good.

Comment

I saw an Ada mp1 for sale for $100, is that a good deal?

Comment

F-yeah it's a good deal. Does it work?
                        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                          I saw an Ada mp1 for sale for $100, is that a good deal?
                          Rackmounted stuff sells incredibly cheap these days it seems. Picked up my MP-1 3 years ago for 120 bucks. 100 is a steal if it works.

Comment

MP-1s made a comeback in recent years thanks to the mods like 3.666 and such, so the prices were up around $200+ on average. I picked up a 2nd MP-1 and the SPX90 as a pair for about $150 last year. Dirt-cheap MP-1 and a free SPX90 IMO

Any time you find a working MP-1 for under $150, it's considered a score. Most of them get snapped up by the modders either for spare parts or to be modded and resold for $300+.

I don't think I've heard any mod clips vs stock, and I get plenty of gain from mine (at least for my needs). I use a Digitech TSR12 for tone-shaping EQ so I get all the tones I need. By itself through a poweramp, the MP-1 is a bit harsh for my tastes. I have to tweak the EQ externally.

I use the MP-1 EQ for fine-tuning of the TSR-12 patches. A little more bass here, little more top end there, etc. With the EQ shift being off from everything else, you don't have to worry about doubling the setting of a given EQ patch, though the TSR-12 does have a parametric EQ with assignable freqs that can match up with the MP-1.

I had a Digitech 2101A a couple of years ago that took a lot of tweaking (both processors maxed) to replicate one of my MP-1+TSR-12 patches. That was a nice unit, but in the end I decided to keep the MP-1.
                            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                              F-yeah it's a good deal. Does it work?
                              Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
                              Rackmounted stuff sells incredibly cheap these days it seems. Picked up my MP-1 3 years ago for 120 bucks. 100 is a steal if it works.

If this jackass ever responds to my email I will pick it up! I've really wanted one after hearing Kevin Shields (MBV) and Billy Corgan both used the unit. You can never have enough dirt

Comment

Working...
                              X