NPD: AMT P2 preamp pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: AMT P2 preamp pedal

Well, I've finnally got my hands on one.

I'm going to do a little mini-review, but keep in mind that the amp I'm using as a power amp needs retubed badly, like to the point where it's almost microphonic.

I'm highly impressed with how tubey it actually sounds. It feels like I'm playing through a tube amp.

The way I find sounds best is to go from the preamp out into the fx return of my amp.

This pedal has loads of gain. Death metal is a piece of cake, and with my digitech bad monkey up front set as a clean boost I'm getting into Bill Steer territory.

The only things I would really change about this pedal is added resonance and presence controls like the 5150 which this pedal was made to immitate, otherwise it's a fantastic pedal that is crazy good for the money.
    Last edited by youngthrasher9; 12-28-2013, 12:02 AM.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: NPD: AMT P2 preamp pedal

Hey Bro! you still like this pedal? Im curious about these. like to have the 5150, soldano ones, but def dont have money for the real amps..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      Hey Bro! you still like this pedal? Im curious about these. like to have the 5150, soldano ones, but def dont have money for the real amps..
      I love it even more now! It's crazy, crazy good. Used as a preamp is where it shines, plugged in to the FX return of the amp and into a 4x12. Just absolutely killer. I highly recommend it.

The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
      Originally posted by CTN
      I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
      FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

With the cab sim out into a powered (like a PA or a stereo) it sounds just as good (depending on cabinet choice of course).

The only way I don't prefer using it is as a normal distortion pedal. It just sounds less real. But if you have an amp with an FX loop you're golden!

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Working...
        X