banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed interested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
    I would definitely look into these if I hadn't just purchased an incredible Klone. For $63, there's no better way to get a feel for whether or not you even like the circuit.
    The JHS modded version looks intriguing.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

Oh, i took note of this alright, but as Gibson175 pointed out, there appears to be no-one selling them downunder yet, and when they do, we'll no doubt have to pay double what you guys do, as always. But when an opportunity arises to get one at a reasonable price, I'll be very keen to investigate.
      Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        The JHS modded version looks intriguing.
        The JHS Modded version of the SOUL FOOD? I'm curious as well.

I can hear that the SOUL FOOD has a tiny bit less bass and tiny bit less of the big open sound I hear from my AF but the SOUL FOOD also has a tiny bit more snarly overdrive compared to my ALUMINUM FALCON KLONE.

That should make some of the guys happier who say Klons don't have enough over the top distortion and overdrive for them.

From what I've read from JHS, they're changing the SOUL FOOD so it has more bass and a clearer tone. I'm going to guess that it'll have a little less drive to the overdrive too.

In an online comment I read from JHS, Josh had nothing but nice things to say about the SOUL FOOD and said that it is for certain the KLON circuit and sounds like a KLON to him...a good one!
        Last edited by Lewguitar; 01-14-2014, 08:34 AM.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

The JHS mod + shipping does not equate for me personally; I would be more inclined to spend the extra $50 and get the Rawkworks unit myself; but for someone who already has a Soul Food or to whom the extra money saved is important, the JHS is a viable option.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Anyone tried the Fret King Klassic Drive? It's another cheapish pedal that's "inspired by" the Klon.

Comment

I tried out the Soul Food thru my Splawn SS and Marshall SL5 , pedal was set up as a clean boost . Did really care for it , bass sounded a bit flubby and it was fairly noisey . The Timmy, Xotic BB and Analogman TS808 Silver work much better for me to boost an already overdriven tone
              When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Last night I was listening to some clips of the various EX overdrive/distortion pedals, and I have to say, even if I knew nothing of the mystery and wonder surrounding the Klon, I'd have picked the Soul Food as my favorite of the bunch. I'll spare you all the cliched tone descriptors and just say that I really like the sound of the Soul Food!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS. View Post
                  Last night I was listening to some clips of the various EX overdrive/distortion pedals, and I have to say, even if I knew nothing of the mystery and wonder surrounding the Klon, I'd have picked the Soul Food as my favorite of the bunch. I'll spare you all the cliched tone descriptors and just say that I really like the sound of the Soul Food!
                  Cool! It's not for everyone but for those who do "get" what it can do, and who have been looking for just that, it's a Gawd send.

What the KLON does for me is allow me to set it for a killer overdrive tone through my amp when the volume is turned up on my Stratocaster.

But when the volume knob is turned down on my Stratocaster it cleans up better than any pedal I've ever owned.

Maybe not crystal clean but "rock n roll clean".

If that's what a guy or gal has been searching for in a pedal, the KLON circuit can deliver that.

If a player is looking for metal distortion or death metal distortion or heavy fuzz, then that player might wonder what all the fuss is about.

But I'm a jazzy/blues player and the Klon circuit is exactly what I've been looking for, for about 40 years!
                  “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I've used the Klon Centaur for years and years, and it's not too finicky about amps, but once in awhile I'm surprised when the Klon doesn't suit an amp. By chance, I have another stellar and very similar pedal, a Barber LTD.
                    It has a similar magic, but's voiced a tiny bit different. I realized that any amp the Klon isn't perfect for, the Barber LTD will be.

The above comment about the Splawn not jiving perfectly makes sense, because I recently spent some time with the Klon into my JCM 800, and quickly realized that my Barber LTD, Marshall Gov'nor II, or T Rex Moller sounded better into it.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

They seem to be on a roll right now
                      Like my EHX pedals, they are never boring...
                      Allthough I do not use OD pedals anymore, this is quite funny with the Klon...clones....
                      Have tried both the gold horsey and the silver one, as well the KTR one...
                      Through a boat load of different amps and such, get what they do....but really.....too much myth and hype as usual in the world of guitar madness...
                      But yeah sweet tones are achiveable for sure!

Comment

Soul Food and OD Glove are two pedals that I am wondering about!

B
                        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I also really like the demo's, love the transparency and sparkle-ishness you can hear a little bit on the demo's. I would love to try it out for myself. For that price maybe I'll order one in a while... When all the getting married stuff is totally out of the books . Worth it, but quite expensive, like buying guitars/gear really. Not so with the EHX Soul food, is more the student wedding that rocks kinda deal .
                            Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                              I thought the KLon itself was being reissued? . Anyway, as long as you don't really truly believe in your heart that its anything even remotely close to a real Klon, then its all good. I heard clips of the actual Klon reissue next to a real Klon, and IMO even that didnt sound all that close. Thise Klons are Gold. You aint gonna replicate ot for 70 bucks.Okay, you may get somewhere in the nieghborhood..like 1/2 way across town .
                              I trust Lew's ears implicitly. I sold my Klon years ago, looking back with a slight bit of regret. I just ordered one from guitar Center, shipped to my store, 3-5 days. Looking forward to playing it.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I'm going acoustic. Done with pedals. Tried to give em' away and the shipping was more than the bother.
                                PC

Comment

Working...
                                X