banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed interested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

Looks like a lot going on to me but what do I know?

Here's a couple of gut shots of my PCE Aluminum Falcons - supposedly a very accurate recreation of the original Klon, right down to circuit board lay out and the aluminum enclosure.

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
      Looks like a lot going on to me but what do I know?

Here's a couple of gut shots of my PCE Aluminum Falcons - supposedly a very accurate recreation of the original Klon, right down to circuit board lay out and the aluminum enclosure.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how the EHX internals compare to that layout - hopefully high volume manufacture produces a prettier result.
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
        I'll be looking forward to seeing how the EHX internals compare to that layout - hopefully high volume manufacture produces a prettier result.
        I've looked. Very different looking inside the SOUL FOOD. Very neat but very crowded and the circuit board has components mounted on both sides.

JHS also makes a really nice Klone of the Klon and Josh at JHS has said that the SOUL FOOD is definitely the Klon circuit.

Comment

I saw the ad for this and a few of the other new E H pedals in the new issue of Guitar World. I just got a chance to go on E H's site and check out the demos a couple of days ago.
          The Soul Food is one new pedal that really impressed me. It's subtle, adds just a hint of grit to the tone, at least as they had it dialed in in the demo. A very cool tone when you basically want your clean guitar sound, but with a little added muscle.

The Glove OD also impressed me, when they dialed in a singing, sustaining lead tone.

The Lumberjack is also interesting. It almost sounds like the clean and fuzz signals are mixed together at the output, giving you your clean guitar tone with some added fur.

A number of these new E H pedals are ones I'm gonna consider adding to my arsenal at some point.
          "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
          Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
          guitar pic site
          Original prog rock on soundcloud
          Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
          Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
            I saw the ad for this and a few of the other new E H pedals in the new issue of Guitar World. I just got a chance to go on E H's site and check out the demos a couple of days ago.
            The Soul Food is one new pedal that really impressed me. It's subtle, adds just a hint of grit to the tone, at least as they had it dialed in in the demo. A very cool tone when you basically want your clean guitar sound, but with a little added muscle.
            It will get a very over driven sound if the DRIVE control is advanced to, say, the 3:00 position. I hadn't been using it that way ( I keep it set to around 1:00 O'clock) but my buddy Aj cranked it right up as soon as he plugged in and I liked that sound very much. Only drawback was that when I used my Strat's volume control to "clean up" the over driven tone it didn't get quite as clean as it did the way I had been using it.

Comment

The EHX got it all...just with SMD parts, only caps are standard size.
              Even the dual potmeter is incorporated, looks neat and tidy in the EHX...
              ^^^ Hehe those pedals up there looks like friggin' prototypes...sloppy stuff for sure!

Liked the Glove Od as well....
              And they even reissued the old Hot tubes, with a 4049 cmos inverterchip.....quite a few have loaned that layout since then
              Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 01-19-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                Hehe those pedals up there looks like friggin' prototypes...sloppy stuff for sure!
                They sure do sound good though!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                  ^^^ Hehe those pedals up there looks like friggin' prototypes...sloppy stuff for sure!
                  You would have a heart attack if you saw the inside of my Hip Kitty Oxblood!

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    You would have a heart attack if you saw the inside of my Hip Kitty Oxblood!

Don't you just love modern art?
                    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

There's a method behind the madness - The unique alignment reduces hum and prevents one component from interfering with another.

Comment

I Like the Soul Food pedal videos I've seen and the price..Not sure I need this,but I like it..
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                          I Like the Soul Food pedal videos I've seen and the price..Not sure I need this,but I like it..
                          That was my feeling, as well, but for $62, my wife picked one up for me anyway. It's an inexpensive way to get the lay of the Klone land.

Plus, EHX throws in a Boss/Ibanez-compatible pedal power supply, a decent clean boost and buffer, as well (if you set the internal switch from bypass to buffer).

To me, it felt like a no-brainer.

Originally posted by nedcronin
                          Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                          Originally posted by metalmachine
                          dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

Sounds perfect for Atmospheric Black Metal.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                              They sure do sound good though!
                              I know no one could care less what the He** I think, but IME, a real Klon is more ..MUCH more... about that elusive 10% of what is in the original than the 90% of what is in the fake/clone.
                              It may sound just fine, and call it what you want, but do NOT call it a Klon .People want to love to believe they can get a cheap pedal that nails the Klon . Well, you can't.Thats not gonna win me any popularity contests here ,but oh well. The "I can get close for so little money " argument doesn't begin to fly with the Klon Centaur.Totally different pedal ..totally different sound. "Based on Klon" perhaps.Perhaps.
                              I'll pass.Knock yourselves out.
                              P.S. Im sure its a fine sounding pedal; thats not the issue.
                              Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-20-2014, 09:54 PM.
                              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

And what are those 10% made of???
                                Air?

Comment

Working...
                                X