Check your local GC. MXR Classic OD's now $19.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your local GC. MXR Classic OD's now $19.99

A few years ago, Guitar Center were selling MXR GT-OD's relabeled as the Classic Overdrive in green and cream for $30. They turned out to be a great deal since the pedals actually sounded good. There's also an internal switch to turn it into the Zakk Wylde OD. I like the stock Classic setting though.

Eventually, the price went up to $99.

I walked into GC Northridge Ca. last night and spotted a stack of cream Classic OD's on the counter for $19.99 each. That's an amazing deal, but I'm not sure if it's just a few GC's doing it, or if they're blowing them all out nationwide. It's worth checking!
    It'll be the best $20 you ever spent on a pedal.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Check your local GC. MXR Classic OD's now $19.99

Man, we never get these deals up here... and that's a great one!

Comment

I'll have to check their website after I get home. I've been wanting one for a while, but they are always way overpriced on Ebay.
      Go Packers!

Comment

It's only amazing if you want one. You'd have to pay ME $20 to take one.

That said, that's just me. Time and a place for every OD. Fantastic deal for those who dig it though. Rock on.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Is there a difference at all tonally between the cream and green models?

Comment

Crazy! My greenie is my go-to. I think I keep it on the zakk side.

Comment

I think these GC exclusive MXR pedals are great! I use the Classic Distortion (black box) for everything. If only the Prime Distortion was $20.

Comment

Originally posted by EET_FUK View Post
                Is there a difference at all tonally between the cream and green models?
                They're identical circuit boards. I think the Zakk Wylde board is the same too......mini switch set different.

I didn't see the deal on the website. It would be best to call your local GC and ask an accessories salesperson.

One thing the Classic OD does best is take an already overdriven amp and smooths it out into a liquid highgain lead tone. It's great on Marshalls. It has just the right tonality to it.

Comment

yeah, just bought one at the Oxnard GC. None of the employees knew they were only $20, and flipped out when they scanned it.

Comment

Good, now I know it wasn't just an isolated incident. If you don't have one, just go buy it. It's a good solid pedal for the price of beer.

These deals are limited to quantities on hand, so if you want one, hit GC on Saturday morning Jan 18th.
                    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-17-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

No GC's within a reasonable distance. Boo...
                      Who wants to do me a favor? I'll toss in a finders fee!
                      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

No GC's within a reasonable distance from here. Boo.....
                        Who wants to do me a favor and snag one for me? I'll toss in a finders fee!
                        Last edited by SrDeMaFp; 01-21-2014, 12:34 AM.
                        -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                        I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Oh I gotta get one! I have the ZW and it's great, would like another only on the other setting, and for only $20? No brainer!
                          Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
                          "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Will be cruising my GC tomorrow...
                            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                              They're identical circuit boards. I think the Zakk Wylde board is the same too......mini switch set different.

I didn't see the deal on the website. It would be best to call your local GC and ask an accessories salesperson.

One thing the Classic OD does best is take an already overdriven amp and smooths it out into a liquid highgain lead tone. It's great on Marshalls. It has just the right tonality to it.
                              Local and GC don't belong in the same sentence for me. There isn't one in my entire state, afaik.
                              Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
                              X