• Chickenwings
    replied
    Re: you know what would be cool?

yes i do!

Leave a comment:

• the guy who invented fire
    replied

Now you want your cake and you want to eat it too...

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

yes! thats pretty much it!
    Now wouldn't it be cool if you could retrofit that kind of technology into whatever pedals you choose?

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied

The world’s first lithium ion cell pedals...

Official Website for Red Witch Analog Pedals. We build beautiful analog guitar effects pedals for the worlds great guitar players.
    Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 01-27-2014, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

i use an mxr, but most of them use that same wimpy little power lead.

I checked out the volto. Its cool. Maybe a bigger more powerful one would be good tho. Two 9v outputs is not enough.
    Alternatively have something much smaller than that and have it installed inside pedal casings and have it charge from regular AC 9v power.

Leave a comment:

• LReese
    replied

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
    its mainly cos i find the extra power lead to most power supplies on the ground annoying...and they are so flimsy too. One wrong footstep from you, a bandmate or a drunken audience member and your whole rig goes silent. Worse if the power lead doesn't just pull out, but break. Be nice not to need to rely on the power supply. Of course you can use regular batteries, but it would be even cooler if your pedals were always "on charge" when plugged into power, cos:
    1. batteries go dead
    2. dead batteries are not good for the environment, or for performance
    3. booteek pedals are a pain to change batteries in - especially if they are all hooked up to short patch leads and velcroed to your board.
    By power supply - do you mean wall warts or a supply like the voodoo labs?

Leave a comment:

• Psykel
    replied

Check out the Pedaltrain Volto. Rechargable powersupply.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

its mainly cos i find the extra power lead to most power supplies on the ground annoying...and they are so flimsy too. One wrong footstep from you, a bandmate or a drunken audience member and your whole rig goes silent. Worse if the power lead doesn't just pull out, but break. Be nice not to need to rely on the power supply. Of course you can use regular batteries, but it would be even cooler if your pedals were always "on charge" when plugged into power, cos:
    1. batteries go dead
    2. dead batteries are not good for the environment, or for performance
    3. booteek pedals are a pain to change batteries in - especially if they are all hooked up to short patch leads and velcroed to your board.
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-27-2014, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jimijames
    replied

I wonder if they don't because most places have both interior and exterior electric capabilities nowadays

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

I wonder if they don't because sometime during the life of the pedal any battery would be prone to leakage.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

...or even just have pedals that you can put 9v rechargeables into which have the circuitry to allow charging of the battery when you plug in an AC power supply.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

yeh kinda- built into the pedals, so if it runs out you can switch across to 9v

Leave a comment:

• Rockstar216
    replied

You mean a rechargeable battery like a cell phone?

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    started a topic you know what would be cool?

you know what would be cool?

Pedals with an internal battery that charged up when you plug them into a power supply and could run just like any battery powered pedal when you unplug AC power.
    Perhaps have the option of running them on regular batteries too, so you could have 9v power, power supply power, or internal battery power.
    I never can quite trust those flimsy cables and adapters that power most power supplies.
Working...
X