NPD Wampler Triple wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD Wampler Triple wreck

Got this pedal from a buddy as I have been looking for a good high gainer and my Super crunch box is good for medium gain but cuts too much bass and sounds too compressed with the gain up so I decided to try this wampler...

I don't get to play it for another few hours but I will post my honest thoughts on it once I do.. I'm gonna be running it through a Mesa 5:50 express into a Traynor 2x12 YBX212 Vintage 30 cab...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_n07wokzzyt1ra4drso1_1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	5832112
    Last edited by SongsForTheDeaf; 01-30-2014, 08:27 AM.
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Re: NPD Wampler Triple wreck

I have one, and love it!!! Using with a Blues Jr. getting a nice range of OD tones. I'll be interested to hear your opinion.

AlleeCat

Comment

This thing rocks! I love mine. Never cared much for the darker voicing but the other is amazing... you're gonna love that thang!

Comment

Nice, those are killer pedals.
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

For a pedal they sound great IMO.
          Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
          Roland Cube 60
          Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
          BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
          LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers
          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
          Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Nice. Brian Wampler is a pedal artisan.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

How would you say it compares to your Mini rec guitar guy ?

Sorry guys I have yet to play it. I will play it tomorrow through my Orange AD30 into a 2x12 with V30s and will post my thoughts on it. I'll most likely try it through my Mesa 5:50 into the v30 cab too.

I could not agree more about Brian Wampler. I have owned and loved the Plexi Drive, Tweed 57, SLOstortion and the plextortion.
              Last edited by SongsForTheDeaf; 01-31-2014, 06:13 PM.
              Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
              Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

buddy of mine got one for Christmas from his 'rents and its amazing! he has a cheapo amp and even direct into a board his recordings sound like he is using a recto stack.. I want one now! How is the SLOtortion?? Ive always wanted an SLO, but cant afford one, nor would I buy one as it isnt the sound I would want to use all the time, but if I can get a good close imitation for those times when....... Id be golden. Same with a TriRec. Always wanted one of those too, but wouldnt be my daily playa.. So if I can get in similar tones when I want...
                Last edited by BloodRose; 01-31-2014, 10:29 PM.
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

the SLOstortion was alright but I much prefer the triple wreck.

I tried the Triple Wreck last night through the orange AD30 and 2x12 v30 cab and man this pedal has alot of chunk and bass. The gain never got past 2 o clock as I found that was the perfect amount of gain. Harmonics just jump out and leads sound smooth as butter while chords sound chunky and mean. Although the bass got a little flubby but that is most likely the Orange 30 watter I'm running through. Tons of range on the EQ knobs so you can dial in any heavy tone you can think of and with the switch into the boost crunch cream setting it instantly takes this high gain tight-ish monster into a bassy big muff meets fuzz face type sound. The boost mode makes some thick fuzz!

One issue I have with it is it seems the volume knob does not have alot of boost. Even with the volume Cranked I'm not getting a huge boost in output when I kick on the pedal compared to my MI audio SCB which has tons of volume on tap but lacks the bass and chunk this pedal has.

Overall a very cool pedal and I can't wait to try it out with my Mesa!!

Comment

Working...
                  X