Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHS Colour box -- want!!

I am SO getting 2 of these ...

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: JHS Colour box -- want!!

Oh wow...i totally DIG it!!!

SOOOOOooooo many sounds in that thang!!!
    Last edited by Hoss; 01-31-2014, 09:06 AM.
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

definitely sounds cool in those vids - seems to make his sound really come to life. I like the idea of putting other stuff in a pedal not usually there, like that weird transformer thingy.

Comment

The Colour Box is basically a tone press. Your drive the input transformer just as you would on a Neve or SSL preamp or desk channel...

Comment

Ironically, due to comp sensors here at work, all I see is a white box. Sooo, a color box thats white... Im not impressed.. haha
          Ill check fom home tonight
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Any idear of the cost?

Comment

Was at Ludlow Guitars today and they will definitely be carrying it, do not know release date or price ...

Comment

His Klone is about 200 street. This will likely surpass that, I'd say.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                Originally posted by Securb
                The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

WOW!! I was sold at the 60s lead and woodstock tone. Then when he plugged up the bass.... Schwing!
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

A lot of it reminds me of my Fairfield Barbershop pedal with it set for light clipping, just with a lot more gain and a lot more EQing structure. Great looking pedal and sounds pretty damn good, too. I'm going to be afraid of the price on it given the special transformer. Good mic pres/direct boxes aren't inexpensive and given that this has so much versatility, I think there's something refreshing here. If anyone has ever lusted after an authentic Neve mic pre, they've seen the costs (typically anywhere from 1k to 2k depending on options per channel). Kudos to Josh for working on something different and trying to keep costs down. I'll be watching this one closely as I like the way it stacks and I've been looking for something with a lot of tweaking options for leads.
                    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 02-01-2014, 11:16 AM.
                    Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                    Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Better is often the enemy of good
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

he said he's going to keep it as close to $300 as possible...
                      Originally posted by jeremy
                      God hates bad guitar tone
                      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                        The Colour Box is basically a tone press. Your drive the input transformer just as you would on a Neve or SSL preamp or desk channel...
                        All I get is a white box as I'm viewing at work; but I like the sound of it already from this description!

Comment

LOL ... imagine a 1073 clone without he mic preamp ...

Comment

Meh. I'd like the guitars and amps they're using though . . .
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                            X