• Powdered Toast Man
    replied
    Re: Analogman KoT guys....

Is there a Queen of Tone?

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

Buy the KOT and flush the pot. The cops are on the way.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

id get the kot and sell the pot

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied

Originally posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
    The best option, since you have the PoT is:

1. resell for more than you paid. (jk, Analog Man does NOT approve this message)
    I know people do it but that's not me, I'd rather someone else get the pedal who's on the list!

Leave a comment:

• Jolly_Rancher
    replied

The best option, since you have the PoT is:

1. resell for more than you paid. (jk, Analog Man does NOT approve this message)

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to mull things over for a few days as the reality is that I don't need 2 PoT's i.e a KoT. However as my name is up I am thinking that I could just get the KoT and sell the PoT and get most of the cost covered... but do I need it? So I'll give it some thought before mailing Mike. Thanks for the input!

Leave a comment:

• the guy who invented fire
    replied

What do you mean you ordered the red side on channel 2?!

Again, there are 2 sides...call them A and B, call them 1 and 2, call them red and yellow...makes no difference you can set up either side to any of the 3 modes (Clean, OD and Distortion) meaning you can have

-Clean into OD
    -Clean into Distortion
    -OD into Clean
    -OD into Distortion
    -Distortion into Clean
    -Distortion into OD
    -Clean into Clean
    -OD into OD
    -Distortion into Distortion

Now, a lot of guys get the red channel set up for Mikes "higher gain option" but that side still offers the same 3 modes...

And, yes the PoT is a single channel version of the KoT with a few changes. The mode switch is external and inside there are a few DIP switches that offer a few small tonal tweaks plus the POT is made in China but the pedal itself is the same circuit.

Leave a comment:

• MetalManiac
    replied

Jim Weider uses the KoT to get such a wonderful push off his blackface deluxe. People say its not like a transparent boost like a Timmy, but it adds something? Thats why I got mine, is cuase of the Weider clip. . I ordered the red side on channel 2. Is the PoT really a one channel Kot?

Leave a comment:

• the guy who invented fire
    replied

First let's clear something up...the 2 sides of the KoT can be set up THE SAME so I won't refer to the yellow side or the red side. It should be referred to as the clean mode, of mode and distortion mode.

Now, that said if you have and like the PoT the think about it like this...the KoT is 2 PoTs in one box.

If you think that could be useful then go for it !

As for options I see no point in NOT getting the higher gain mods on both sides as there is nothing to loose. Past that decide if you want the outside switching options , buffer , etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• That90'sGuy
    replied

I had the standard V4 when they first came out. It was a good pedal, but honestly not as great as people hyped them to be. I've often thought about buying the PoT because I really liked the "clean" side of the pedal (the "red" side sucked, just really compressed and round with no cut or presence). I don't think you're missing anything by sticking with the PoT, but if you really like the gain structure of your PoT and think a dual channel version would be better then don't listen to me; go out and buy one.
    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 02-01-2014, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    started a topic Analogman KoT guys....

Analogman KoT guys....

Hey folks, just a little advice on these pedals required if possible. I had an email from AnalogMike and I'm at the top of the list for a KoT. So having never played one I put my name on the list but then in the meantime picked up a used PoT. I like the PoT and wondered if it's really worth getting the KoT after all? And if I did, what do you guys think are the best options to go for? Just for reference, the price for the basic KoT is not far off the same as I paid foe the used PoT as prices are vey high over here. So, any help or advice appreciated! Cheers.
Working...
X