EHX Satsifaction Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EHX Satsifaction Fuzz

Don't click if you are to be offended by the f-word... Serious... This is done for fun with a friend of mine who is playing the first part. This one is the rug blues... Just for fun you know nothing serious.

The equipment is (I am playing the second part with a EHX Satisfaction Fuzz)

- 2007 Gibson Melody Maker open E tuning neck position (Duncan Lil59N)
    - EHX Satisfaction
    - Mesa Boogie V-Twin clean channel - poweramp out
    - Soundcard: EMU 1616m
    - Ignite Amps TPA-1 Power Amp VST
    - RedWirez Marshall 1960 Greenback cabsim
    - Antress'in Modern & Classic VST's - compressor & reverb & delay.

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Dr.B,
      You playing the slide?
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I have an original Maestro FZ-1 Fuzztone. This Satisfaction Fuzz doesn't really sound like the original. Plus the Maestro only used one 1.5 volt AA battery.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
          Dr.B,
          You playing the slide?
          Yep...

B

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            I have an original Maestro FZ-1 Fuzztone. This Satisfaction Fuzz doesn't really sound like the original. Plus the Maestro only used one 1.5 volt AA battery.
            The original has GE trannies, no? This one I think has silicon transistors and that may be the reason. Then again I do not have an extensive experience with the original, so you tell me.

Best,

B

Comment

Yes, the Maestro has three RCA 2N2614 trannies.

Comment

Cool.

B

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                  Ok...

Not a setting I am used to. But I will be giving a try. Thanks.

B
                  Definately not a fuzz expert . . . but with the old style fuzzes I've tried the easiest way to get them to sound good is setting a terrible bassy clean sound on the guitar.

Nice clip BTW, sounds like you've found a setting that works for you!
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'm not going to lie, that video on the EHX site make this pedal sound like crap.
                    -
                    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
                      I'm not going to lie, that video on the EHX site make this pedal sound like crap.
                      Just a bad sounding pedal imo!
                      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        Definately not a fuzz expert . . . but with the old style fuzzes I've tried the easiest way to get them to sound good is setting a terrible bassy clean sound on the guitar.

Nice clip BTW, sounds like you've found a setting that works for you!
                        Thanks! BTW I have to confess that's sorta what I am doing. That is my clean tone is very bassy and muffled. And, the clean channel on the Mesa V-Twin does not provide the most jangly guitar tone... which helps in this case.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
                          Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                          Just a bad sounding pedal imo!
                          Still trying to like mine...

I think I am getting there you know... Still, I have to try it in a band setting. When it comes to FuzzFaces and HB's (I am using a LP), I have this problem of being lost in the mix. Sorta too dark. Well this sucker is not like that at all... It does not clean up that well but when I play it, I know that I am gonna be heard...

Here is the original:

This pedal sounds sorta similar... Not that far off.

Maybe I should think about replacing them silicon trannies with GE's...

B

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                            Still trying to like mine...

I think I am getting there you know... Still, I have to try it in a band setting. When it comes to FuzzFaces and HB's (I am using a LP), I have this problem of being lost in the mix. Sorta too dark. Well this sucker is not like that at all... It does not clean up that well but when I play it, I know that I am gonna be heard...

Here is the original:

This pedal sounds sorta similar... Not that far off.

Maybe I should think about replacing them silicon trannies with GE's...

B
                            You'll need to rejigger the circuit a bit and probably change some capacitor values if you want to do that. Typically when changed from germanium to silicone you alter some of the tone shaping of the circuit to avoid the pedal sounding super bright and terrible.
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the heads up...

B

Comment

B

Comment

Working...
                                X