Hartman 8va Octave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartman 8va Octave

Im thinking of purchasing a Hartman 8va octave due to the dual switching that allows it to be used as a fuzz or as an octave. Listened to the sound clips on their website, sounds damn good. Does anyone know of any other fuzz/octave pedals with a similar configuration (footswitch-able octave)? Took around on the interwebs and couldn't find many. If anyone has purchased the Hartman octave i would love to know what you think/thought of it.

Re: Hartman 8va Octave

Theo Hartman makes great efffects; I have the Tommy Bolin fuzz. The Fulltone Ultimate Octave (which I also have) has a switchable octave up.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Hartman is a great guy and makes a great product.
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys. Took a look at the ultimate octave, but i think i'm looking for a more vintage type fuzz. Ill get the 8va and let you guys know whats up.

Cheers

Comment

nothing to say about the subject... but this guy has the best username ever

Comment

Theo Hartman makes great stuff and has killer customer service.

As for the 8va I have not tried it is based on the Tycobrahe Octavia and I have a different clone of and it's a cool fuzz and fuzz/octave...not a Fuzz Face or Tone Bender style fuzz at all but cool.

As for other 2 button fuzz/octave pedals the Fulltone Ultimate Octave is one, that pedal is completely different...it's based on the old Foxx Tone Machine and Retro Man makes 2 octave/fuzz units, one is called the Wolf and it is also based on the Foxx Tone Machine the other is called the Hi Tone it is a Fuzz Face with an Octavia each on it's own switch, HBE makes one again based on the Foxx Tone Machine, The Prescription Electronics Experience is also a Tone Machine style fuzz/octave with a reverse type effect built in, all 3 functions are foot switchable.

There are a few others but they escape me right now...
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The prescription electronic experience looks absolutely kick ass, think I may pass on the Hartman 8va for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmmmmmmm...... View Post
                The prescription electronic experience looks absolutely kick ass, think I may pass on the Hartman 8va for that.
                Just know going in that both the fuzz and the octave up circuit are VERY different than an Octavia...

I have both Octavia clones and Tone Machine clones and both are very cool and very usable but very different.
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yeah I took a listen to some sound clips and the fuzz sounds somewhat like an intermediate between a tonebender and a less gnarly bigmuff, and the octave + swell sound trippy and musical each in their own way. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Killer suggestion, thanks man. Now I guess ill need to sell a guitar in order to afford the experience + strymon flint I have been lusting over.

Comment

Jumped the gun there, The experience sounds wicked but it may be a tad impractical. Think i'm still gonna go with the hartman. Wicked suggestions though.

Comment

I don't have an Experience but do have an Ultimate Octave, which is another Foxx Tone Machine clone and they are a lot if fun but they are pretty different than an Octavia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two hartman fuzzfaces...the NKT275 Germanium (now out of production cos hes out of NKT275's) and the BC108 silicon.
                        Both that really cool primitive fuzzfaces but with modern amenities and both built like a tank.
                        I also had a fulltone octafuzz - a tycobrahe clone with a switch for octave up - same as the hartman but no footswitch.
                        I have never used the hartman octavia clone, but going on my experience with his other fuzzes and with my experience of the other octavia, i think you'd be very happy with it.
                        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                        X