WAH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAH?

Which wah pedal would you recommend for Blues, Jazz, Country, & Rock style music and Why?
    1. Vox V845
    2. Vox V846
    3. Vox V847
    4. Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
    5. Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Crybaby
    6. Dunlop Clyde McCoy Crybaby
    7. Dunlop Joe Bonamassa Crybaby
    8. Chicago Iron Parachute Wah
    9. Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
    Vox V845
    7.69%
    Vox V846
    0%
    Vox V847
    7.69%
    Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
    0%
    Dunlop Joe Bonamassa Crybaby
    7.69%
    Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Crybaby
    7.69%
    Dunlop Clyde McCoy Crybaby
    0%
    Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
    15.38%
    Other Which and Why
    69.23%

The poll is expired.

Re: WAH?

The one(s) that you think suits those styles best according to your tone and playing style.

And this is seriously going to run till May? Really?
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Which:

Why:

Originally posted by DreX
      Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
      The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
      There's no substance to anything I have posted.
      Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
      I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

I'm with Dr. Vegetable. If you can't find the sound you're looking for with a 535Q, you're not looking for a wah sound.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I swear I'm not a Luddite, but I'm happy with a straight Dunlop Crybaby... though the 535 is... intriguing...
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I found a 535Q in the bottom of my closet just a couple of weeks ago. It's an excellent place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by karpathion View Post
              I found a 535Q in the bottom of my closet just a couple of weeks ago. It's an excellent place to start.
              You mean the bottom of his closet? LOL

I use a modified Vox V847 (not V847a) where I changed a couple resistors, the transistors, and the inductor to make the sweep broader, make the range being swept narrower so it's more vocal, and change the gain characteristics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
              Nope...

Comment

I'd give my left armpit hair for a Maestro Boomerang -- the Charles "Skip" Pitts wah.

sigpic
                "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                Originally posted by Lewguitar
                In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

George Dennis orange optical. I own 2 and have had them since the late 90's and never touched ether for anything. These are absolutely bullet proof reliable and I like the sweep better than anything else I have owned.
                  Sounds good, feels good and never breaks so what's not to like!!
                  here is pretty much the same unit that I have except this one has the switch and 2 modes. I had one of these for a while also. These are not cheap but will be the last Wah you ever have to buy as they last forever!!
                  Last edited by Ascension; 02-04-2014, 10:38 AM.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

No matter which wah pedals I've owned, the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe rises to the top just because it's so versatile.

I have a white one with grip tape top, but the newer black ones come with a buffer installed.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

For me . . . there is three that i feel i can use for EVERYTHING . . . from Blues to Metal.

1) Chicago IronWorks Parachute wah

2) Jerry Cantrel sig-wah

3) Ernie Ball Titanium (black model) wah

They sound vastly diff from one another, but still, i love the diff sweeps they have to offer.

Hell, i sometimes use my red Whammy as a 'regular' wah too.

Last edited by SirJackdeFuzz; 02-04-2014, 03:59 PM.
                      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I use this; Crybaby Stereo Fuzz Wah (with Volume)

But, these days, no excuse for the NOT getting the 535Q. It's like checking ALL the boxes you listed with one wah. Dr. V FTW.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The JCB-95 I modified to make it my own.

Comment

GCB95 modded with Whipple Wah Halo Inductor
                            Halo adds more dimension & vowel sound

Comment

I have a couple of Geoffrey Teese's RMC wahs from back when he was making them by hand. The first was an RMC1 that he custom made for me at unity gain, as opposed to the standard model that has a 6dB boost. The second was a standard Picture Wah. Those two cover everything. Geoffrey still has a demo I did of the RMC1 he made for me on his site. http://www.realmccoycustom.com/AUDIO.htm Second from the bottom of the audio samples.

Cheers…………………………… wahwah
                              Highway Star
                              Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                              Mistreated
                              Cause We Ended As Lovers
                              Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                              Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Working...
                              X