banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

    I completely understand if you don't get what mehness in a trem is. Same as guys who get bent out of shape on a delay vs though who don't care (that's me - analog/digital - the only diff. Otherwise I think they are all the same 99%).

    I do believe the Trelicopter is a Diaz copy. That explains Trelicopter awesome.

    Matt - Slightly modulated signal tremed, that's a funky [email protected]$$ tone; Vibrato (or chorus/vibe/etc) set for barely perceptible + Trem = that.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

      Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      I completely understand if you don't get what mehness in a trem is. Same as guys who get bent out of shape on a delay vs though who don't care (that's me - analog/digital - the only diff. Otherwise I think they are all the same 99%).

      I do believe the Trelicopter is a Diaz copy. That explains Trelicopter awesome.

      Matt - Slightly modulated signal tremed, that's a funky [email protected]$$ tone; Vibrato (or chorus/vibe/etc) set for barely perceptible + Trem = that.
      I have been wondering what the Trellicopter was a copy of. Is the Diaz optical?
      Go Packers!

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

        I'll take "meh" any day, if the alternative is the 3PDT switch breaks in mid-set and I have to remove the pedal from the board (now THAT's "true bypass"), order a new switch from Small Bear, find the time to change it, resolder 9 wires, fix the one wire that broke off the PC board while I was messing with it, put the pedal back together again, and re-mount it on the pedalboard.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens


        "I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

          Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
          But if it makes you feel "meh," that will definitely be detected out front.
          I want to say;

          "If a tremolo makes you feel so "meh" about your sound, that it is detected out front, you need to go back to your bed room tone snob wankery."

          Real men are there to rock that b!tch - mediocre pedals be dammed!

          But I won't do that. People who feel meh about there tremolos to the point it ruins their performance might feel bad if I said that.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

            Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
            I have been wondering what the Trellicopter was a copy of. Is the Diaz optical?
            I did some research and found that it's actually based on the Demeter Tremulator.
            Go Packers!

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

              Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
              I did some research and found that it's actually based on the Demeter Tremulator.
              Ahh - another great choice!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

                I rather liked the Voodoo Lab trem that I had.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                My Music

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

                  I bought a CS-2.

                  Will never again spend big bucks on pedals other than clippers.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

                    Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                    play your cards right and it gives you no volume over 75% of the time. Personally, my tone is just too damn good to be digestible in any larger amounts.

                    Hahaha best reply ever
                    Originally posted by Jay 77
                    Other than hearing incredibly shaky, sucky playing it sounds like #2 is the Gibson and #1 sounds like it's a steaming #2.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

                      a real trem snob would turn up his nose at anything that was not tube powered and built into the amp
                      Last edited by Chickenwings; 02-25-2014, 02:57 AM.
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

                        Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                        a real trem snob would turn up his nose at anything that was not tube powered and built into the amp
                        I disagree that it HAS to be built into the amp, but many aFender fan might say so.

                        That said -

                        Peavy Valverb, Guyatone Flip Tremolo.....
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

                          The freakin RedWitch Pentavocal is the warmest, most organic and amazing tremolo you'll ever need.

                          Well worth the price of admission.
                          For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

                          Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

                          What are you doing right now? Thread.

                          Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Why are Boss Tremolos so expensive?

                            I just saw Chris Finnen use a Boss Tremolo set very subtle like a fender vibro type of sound with his acoustic. Sounded real nice but Chris's playing just oozes soul to begin with. Awesome in, awesome out.

                            The guy is in the Blues Hall Of Fame.
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

                            Lead guitarist and vocalist of...



                            Keep up to date on our Facebook

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X