banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What hot rodded Marshall type pedal should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hot rodded Marshall type pedal should I get?

I love my AMT P2, but the only gripe I have about is the fact that I can't seem to dial out the compression in the midrange frequencies. I like playing on the neck humbucker of my number 1 in the split position while playing solos and stuff, and the 5150 sound just doesn't seem to play well with the dynamics of the single coil sound. I hear less congestion and compression in the mid range frequencies of a recorded Marshall type amp, so I figure that could be a good addition to my sonic arsenal.

The rhythm tone (done with the bridge humbucker) I'm looking for is Blackout era Scorpions.

I prefer a preamp type pedal, but I'm open to suggestions. Something under $220 preferably.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: What hot rodded Marshall type pedal should I get?

What amp will you be running it into?

For the 'Marshall in a box' type pedals I always liked the Crunchbox and the Brown Sound in a Box II that I've owned in the past.

Comment

the new crunch box is nice. lots of versatility. fwiw, i really love the mxr super badass, as it's got a very well designed 3 band eq. marshally tones, works great with lots of amps, clean boost to high gain, etc. it's not terribly compressed at lower/medium gain settings.

i also am loving the bogner red, but that seems much pickier about amps. through a fender, it's incredible.

Comment

Carl Martin single channel Plexitone is really nice , lots of gain on tap if needed
        When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

is the zvex box of rock an option?

Comment

AMT M1 or M2, maybe?

Comment

I know it's higher priced than you're looking for, but the Bogner Extasy Blue is something you should look into.
              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Bogner blue or suhr riot

Comment

Keeley Modded Boss DS-1 does a great deal of what you're asking...
                  ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                    AMT M1 or M2, maybe?
                    I was thinking about one of these or a Tech 21. Still considering everything though.
                    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                    Originally posted by CTN
                    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
                      Carl Martin single channel Plexitone is really nice , lots of gain on tap if needed

YUP, Carl Martin, and Radial (Canadian made) makes fantastic Marshall-ina-box pedals !

Top class build, feel, and sound !
                      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe

Comment

Catalinbread designs and hand-builds, high quality, industry defining, guitar effects pedals in the U.S.A.

Comment

MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion. Really good amp distortion sound. I also hear that the MXR Super Badass Distortion is good at anything from fuzz tones, to slight overdrive, to death metal distortion.
                            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                            Line 6 Helix
                            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

wampler plexidrive, plextortion, and pinnacle all get great marshall tones. for blackout era scorps i'd try the plextortion 1st.
                              Quality riffs in about a minute...
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
                              X