banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help determining correct cable Connections for this scheme using BOSS Line Selector

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help determining correct cable Connections for this scheme using BOSS Line Selector

I've got a preamp pedal on order, and I am going to want to try it directly in to the Power Amp in on my amp (bypassing the amp's pre-amp). I also *believe* I can use my BOSS Line Selector LS-2 to toggle on/off btw that as one signal to the amp, and the other signal still running through the amp's preamp.

The trick is figuring out how to connect everything up correctly.

Does the below look correct?

Guitar -> Wah/Mod FX/Delay -> LS-2 "In"

LS-2 Send 1 -> Amp Guitar In -> Amp's Preamp Out -> LS-2 Return 1

LS-2 Send 2 -> Preamp Pedal -> LS-2 Return 2

LS-2 "Out" -> Amp's Poweramp In

The other question is, even getting this connected correctly and working, are the multiple long cable runs going to make it sound like crap anyways?
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Re: Help determining correct cable Connections for this scheme using BOSS Line Select

The setup seems OK.

Long cable do the most damage before a pre-amp and without a buffer. After the pre-amp the signal is high enough that the cable loss is much less noticeable. With a buffer, you can push signal through more guitar cable with less of a rolling off of the highs.

As to whether or not the setup will sound good . . . give 'er a shot and report back. Too many variables to say for sure with the information given thus far.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Re: Help determining correct cable Connections for this scheme using BOSS Line Select

The only issue I see is if the LS-2 (being an active switcher) has the headroom to handle louder preamplified signals.
      Gondola Kid
      Bandcamp
      Facebook
      JimijaymesGuitarist
      Youtube

Comment

Working...
      X