Ridiculously cool NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculously cool NPD

Did a trade with someone around town for this 18lb monstrosity of a pedal. It's a 76 Morley Rotating Wah Volume. It's an oil can based rotary speaker simulator, plus wah and volume of course. The chrome and the graphics are really awesome. I have a couple little things to fix on it, like replacing the spring for the variation control, and general cleanup. The oil is intact, and I'm seeing if I can locate more.

Have any of you seen one of these?

Sent from my chromed robot turd, using the miserable junk code known as crapatalk.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: Ridiculously cool NPD

Seems very interesting... Morley makes some cool stuff.
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

I've only seen one in pics, never in person....I don't think. That's a cool find!

What the heck does the oil can do? Is a part like that even replaceable?
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Those were the latest and greatest when I started playing, but by the time I was old enough to have a job to pay for gear, the technology had evolved. My first delay was an MXR Analog (big green box). I did at one time own a plain Morely volume pedal, back in the old "tall and chrome" days. I friend of my had a fuzz/wah or maybe it was a fuzz/wah/volume.

Morley only made about five different effects (volume, boost, fuzz. wah, rotary) but combined them in various permutations to create a line of about a dozen different pedals. That thing you have was the flagship.
        Last edited by Rich_S; 03-02-2014, 07:55 PM.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Wow! Looks like you stole the throttle out of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Be sure to change the oil every 3,000 riffs

Comment

You lucked out. The rotating sound on that is tremendous! Oh how I want one! They must cost a fortune,IF you can find one.;

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Having the spring taken off really does a cool rotary, but with the spring on, it adds modulation. Very cool either way.

Sent from my chromed robot turd, using the miserable junk code known as crapatalk.
                ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...

Comment

that pedal is HUMoNGOUS and cool!!!
                  Last edited by everdrone; 03-01-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

I'm a what?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                      You lucked out. The rotating sound on that is tremendous! Oh how I want one! They must cost a fortune,IF you can find one.;

The wah is really expressive and has a great range. One thing I hate about most wahs is their small range and the lack of depth to their sound.

Comment

Those are SO cool!!!

The wah never was my wheel house but the vibrato/rotating sound is great! Very cool units and a pedal marvel IMO. I love electronic circuits but mechanical effects are a next level of cool!

You should look for an old Morley oil can delay to go with it! I used to rehearse/record at a studio that had a pair of them and I loved them!
                        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

ridiculously cool
                          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                            ridiculously cool
                            Well of course it is ... it's OIL COOLED !!! Accelerator pedal and oil-cooled transmission ... what more could you want ?
                            Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Is there some paper in that oil? If so it should sound even better. Any paper will do really...
                              Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X