banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, no big deal, just building a custom ABY box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh, no big deal, just building a custom ABY box.

Nice. Love the switching logic too. And just curious, but did you use an isolation transformer?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Nice. Love the switching logic too. And just curious, but did you use an isolation transformer?
      No, I didn't really have a need with this one. If the guy who will be using it has grounding issues, I'll add insulated jacks and a transformer.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Never before have I seen an aby box and thought "damn that looks awesome"....until this day. Nicely done.
        www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
        I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, all. I plan for more of this sort of designing when I ramp up my building of pedals.

Sent from my chromed robot turd, using the miserable junk code known as crapatalk.
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...

Comment

Great looking pedal, but what did you do inside? Did you put ground loop transformers in it? I don't know much about building pedals or even how the insides really work but from what I have read most A/B pedals need a ground loop transformer to isolate one side from the other.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
              Great looking pedal, but what did you do inside? Did you put ground loop transformers in it? I don't know much about building pedals or even how the insides really work but from what I have read most A/B pedals need a ground loop transformer to isolate one side from the other.
              This depends on what you're doing outside of it. If you're just using it on pedal setups, you can usually get away with it. If you're using it for amp switching, you can sometimes have ground issues. I'll have him let me know if he does.

Comment

Working...
              X