Mooer Quality/ Auto Wah placement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooer Quality/ Auto Wah placement ?

I just grabbed a Mooer Funky Monkey on ebay for 95 Canadian because I really need a filter pedal on my board for using it both as a signal cut filter and a normal auto wah function plus the prymaxe demo also showed some settings that sounded almost like a phaser pedal.

Was curious if anyone is using Mooer pedals and what their thoughts were on the build quality.

Also I have never had an autowah before so I'm not quite sure where to place it. I have an open space after my dirt pedals and before delay. Would it be ok to put it there ? I can always experiment too.
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Re: Mooer Quality/ Auto Wah placement ?

I've got three to date, and have found them pretty good quality so far, especially for the money they cost. They don't seem any noisier than anything else I've used. They are perhaps a bit limited for control options, but that depends on the model - how many knobs does a fuzz need?

As for the question on the autowah, I'm perhaps not your best guide, but I'd probably have put it earlier in the signal chain.
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Really I would put it first like a actual wah but thats just me.
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I have 5 Mooers and they are all very solid quality. Three of them I've gigged heavily with and had no problems.

As far as the Auto Wah goes, I always used mine in the front of my chain.

I've been considering picking up the Funky Monkey myself. I used to have an MXR Auto Q that I loved, but I sold it a while back. The size to use ratio wasn't very good. But the Mooer would fit nicely on my board for those 2-4 songs a night I might need Auto Wah for.
        Go Packers!

Comment

I have 2 Mooer pedals. One, I love, but probably not for the typical reasons. The other one, not so much ...
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

thanks for the input guys..

I have never really read much on Mooer other than that most of them are clones of other pedals. I figured for the price and the amount of usage it will get I will pick up the Funky Monkey. Should be fun! I will try different placements but seems like first in chain will be the best bet.
            Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
            Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
            Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Working...
            X