Smallest OD suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallest OD suggestions

Want one for just havin around, not attached to board. anybody? the more compact the better.

Re: Smallest OD suggestions

Schottky diodes in your guitar, activated by a switch. Bam. OD with no pedals.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Schottky diodes in your guitar, activated by a switch. Bam. OD with no pedals.
      hmm never thought of that.

Comment

Only thing is that, being diode distortion it'll drop the output from your guitar a bit. If you want to get really fancy you could build in an onboard preamp to act as a signal booster. But why stop there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FGEH36XGJ7MUE0P.LARGE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	5776331

MOAR BUTTONS!

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

There are quite a few in the tiny Hammond enclosures... I may build a few sometime in the near future.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

this one could possibly fit in a thumb drive and not be SMD. Add a switch and run it like one of those vox amplugs.

Collection of vero (stripboard) & tagboard layouts for 100s of popular guitar effects, with over 1000 verified designs. DIY your own boutique effects!

Speaking of which...
            look into Vox Amplugs.
            Originally posted by Funkfingers
            Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Could definitely fit this one in an altoids tin:
              http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2...fuzz-face.html

Comment

Xotic and Mooer have some nice compact offerings.

Comment

I was thinking Xotic as well.
                  My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                  Originally posted by CTN
                  I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

redwitch seven sisters overdrive
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I just saw one of the Redwitch pedals recently. Those are very VERY small. Smaller than a 1590a. It's like the size of a matchbox or something, only thicker.
                      Originally posted by Funkfingers
                      Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

has anyone tried the seven sisters pedals yet? seems like a cool idea

Comment

The smallest pedals are Hotone, but if they're too small for a 9V battery, it pretty much negates their usefulness.

My money would probably go to the EH Soul Food or MXR Classic OD.
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Klon Centaur is nice. You can get a used one off of EBay.
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

There are lots of small ODs out there. Is there a particular type/sound you are looking for?
                              Originally posted by jeremy
                              God hates bad guitar tone
                              GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                              AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                              EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                              Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                              X