No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan KTG-1 COMPARE and CONTRAST with Tubeworks RT-904 Blue Tube Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan KTG-1 COMPARE and CONTRAST with Tubeworks RT-904 Blue Tube Rack

So I have the ability to buy both right now, for relatively cheap, for a guitar dirt/coloration. I'm looking to get nice breakup on the verge of black sabbath and the vintage tones of rolling stones, and Tame Impala dirt tone , like from their song "elephant". Has anyone ever used the Blue Tube, that knows if it's possible to get these tones from the unit. Basically in short, is it safe to say I can get the same tones out of the Blue Tube as the KTG-1... or are they two completely different monsters? These are both low gain tube amp pres. Thanks in advanced!

Re: Seymour Duncan KTG-1 COMPARE and CONTRAST with Tubeworks RT-904 Blue Tube Rack

I have a Chandler Tube Driver rack it is very similar to the Tubeworks RT-904 Blue Tube Rack. It sounds like heaven and you will definitely be able to push it from the Stones to Black Sabbath. I have never played the KTG. If they are cheap buy both and sell the one you dont like.

Comment

Re: Seymour Duncan KTG-1 COMPARE and CONTRAST with Tubeworks RT-904 Blue Tube Rack

Thanks Securb, good to hear that they are in comparison to that familiar preamp! will do. the blue tube is on it's way and the ktg-1 is in the works of completing transaction. Going to a/b them and see which one I like most. Might even keep both, since the blue tube was primarily built for keyboards and bass guitar.. both instruments I record with as well in my studio.. so who knows. I'll be using various overdrive and fuzz pedals, vintage stereo flanger and phase shifter before the guitar preamp of choice, then to a dbx compressor before going to the board. so the guitar overdrive unit of choice will have its sole purpose of adding an envelope of tube grit on the entire signal I Understand people usually put the unit before effects pedals... how do you have yours set up? Thanks!

Comment

Funny I just posted it in another thread. Right now I am using it as the preamp on my stack. Years past it was sitting on top of my Fender Quad Reverb or in my rack at the front of my signal chain. I don't do a rack gig setup anymore so I dont use it as much but it is the best overdrive/distortion I have ever own so it is never getting sold.

Comment

This sir, is awesome

Comment

well, I'm glad I can get gritty vintage rock tones out either of the tube drivers (blue tube, Chandler) I was actually about to buy the chandler off ebay.. but after I kept reading of the unit being sought after for David Gilmore and Eric Johnson tones... I was very turned off. IMO Boring cheesy 80's guitar tones with delay and reverb and long sustained solos.... Was not confident in it anymore.. and retracted my bid Plus the person was claiming in was the BK Butler version... when it clearly wasn't. But now I know I was just plain wrong, lol. you got any audio clips of the chandler in action? I'd love to hear her.

Comment

Working...
            X