8 string pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 string pedal?

I know everyone's going to say the best thing for an 8 stringer is a Mesa stack, but if I want to use a pedal into the clean (fenderish) channel of a 5150 III, what dirt pedal do you think could bring out the low 8 string? I'm fine with the 7 string on the overdrive channel of my amp, but the 8 string gets a bit mushy

Re: 8 string pedal?

There are a ton of options. I just started playing with the Moog MF Drive last night it could be an option. There are two gain stages the more aggressive should be plenty enough for metal. There is a tone and frequency knob that let you focus and boost frequencies. It gives a very sharp focused tone when dialed in right. You can also get some very organic overdrive tones out of it. I would suggest finding a dealer and plugging into one. I am digging it so far.

Comment

I'm thinking th red channel on your amp would be awesome with an 8 string.

Otherwise, a green russian big muff would sound THICK!

Comment

EMMA Pisdiyauwot. I love that thing.
         Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X