X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Err a small issue, but awesome

New 2nd H9 day!

One small problem - I got a ground loop. But

Have to say this is the best sounding delay/reverb combo I've heard in a while. Spent most of the time getting used to controlling 2 devices through the app.

The Plate algorithm is awesome - pretty much used it all the time today. I also sound a tape preset that I slightly tweaked... Yes!!!!

I took op Eventide's offer for their rotary algorithm for $9.99. That's a good sound (even with a mixer), but I'm not sure its replacing my ventilator.

Anyway - back to the ground loop. Its 2 Suhr Mixers so perhaps I really should give the DSP mix a chance. I might order the cabling to run the H9's in parallel. Not sure at this point, but not a lot of time to experiment. I might even set up the WDW thing without the mixers. Hmm

Re: NPD - Err a small issue, but awesome

Comment

Congrats it looks like a lot of fun. I didn't know you had a ventilator. I didnt pull the $9.99 on the H9 rotary because I can't see the H9 (or any other rotary) replacing my ventilator. Then again I got the H9 in part so I could travel lighter. If you are digging the rotary I think I am going to pull the trigger for 9 bucks

Comment

There's a deal I got an offer on - I changed my iTunes account over to American Express payment and got a $5 credit - so end cost is $5

I think the rotary effect is intended for no mixer. It's a really nice sound with the mixer, just less intense.

The speed ramp up/down on the ventilator is the one I really like. Not seeing how to do this on the Eventide.

Comment

Try an expression pedal that should do the job. I use one on the H9 to get my Whammy type of effects. There is also some cool wah stuff you can do with the ring mod.

Comment

err - 2nd time around (not much time to play these days):

Tried just the 2 H9's in the loop and turned the kill dry off. Definitely is not as good as with the mixers. With the mixers, its more natural sounding. This time with the mixers, noise level is lower probably a different combination of cables. Go figure.

I've got 2 Boss low impedance volume pedals so once I get some cable made up, I can play with that.

Comment

Have you tried the phaser or the octaver algos? Can you say something about their quality if you have?
              My Soundclick

Comment

Not the phaser or octave algorithm, but there's a few interesting harmonized effects in the H949 algorithm.

There's an octave up and down simultaneously, Octave down, and fifths in that one that sound neat.

My next algo will be detune.

Comment

Cool I've got one in transit, will be fun to play around with.
                  My Soundclick

Comment

Working...
                  X