Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Fuzzy Goodness

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    See I had been holding off on getting an Ultimate Octave because people have told me its basically a Big Muff... Are they different enough to have both?
    It is similar to a Big Muff, has that thick sound on the high strings and what not but has way more midrange than a Big Muff and is more focused sounding if that makes sense.

It has 2 modes Fat which has tons of Mids and Bright which scoops the mids for a closer big muff sound. Another benefit to the UO is that is has that octave mode that is footswitchable which is always fun for jams or solos when you want to really stand out for some lead parts or cool one string riffs. I am a big fan of the Fulltone but I'd say it is different enough from the Big Muff hence why I am looking for a Russian Big Muff too lol
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

russians are cool muffs.
      I dont really see the point in comparing a muff to a fuzz face tho. They are pretty different beasts.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Man, these things cost like 30 bucks in 90's. Should have gotten a whole stash of them back in the day seeing the current prices. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
          See I had been holding off on getting an Ultimate Octave because people have told me its basically a Big Muff... Are they different enough to have both?
          Worlds apart!!!

We gotta get together for this pedal shootout we keep talking about and when you do you are welcome to try my green Big Muff and Ultimate Octave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            russians are cool muffs.
            I dont really see the point in comparing a muff to a fuzz face tho. They are pretty different beasts.
            Agreed!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
              Man, these things cost like 30 bucks in 90's. Should have gotten a whole stash of them back in the day seeing the current prices. Congrats!
              I remember seeing a stack of them NOS a few years after they were discontinued for $19.99 a pop...

Should have bought a hundred bucks worth then cashed in big!!

Comment

Working...
              X