Vintage Little Big Muff (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Little Big Muff (?)

Is there anything out there today that sounds like a vintage Little Big Muff ?

NOT talking about the current model, but the one from the '70s.

Does anyone know ?

. . . or should i just fork out $175.00 for one on ebay ?
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: Vintage Little Big Muff (?)

There is not a clone of that one that I know of but folks are Big Muff crazy these days so some digging might turn up a clone being made by somebody...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
      There is not a clone of that one that I know of but folks are Big Muff crazy these days so some digging might turn up a clone being made by somebody...

Looks like i will have to look at one of the $170.00 + units that are on eVille Bay !
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
        Looks like i will have to look at one of the $170.00 + units that are on eVille Bay !
        saw a few for sale on reverb.com

Comment

they don't actually sound that great - the other vintage collectable ones including the ramsheads and the green russians included. The build quality is nothing to write home about either. Vintage muffs are mainly about bragging rights and a cool enclosure IMHO. Have you considered building one yourself and then tweaking it to your taste? General guitar gadgets sell various muff kits and mammoth electronics do too.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
            saw a few for sale on reverb.com
            Thanx . . . i'll have a look there.

Just bought a Ramble FX Twin Bender on Reverb.

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            they don't actually sound that great - the other vintage collectable ones including the ramsheads and the green russians included. The build quality is nothing to write home about either. Vintage muffs are mainly about bragging rights and a cool enclosure IMHO. Have you considered building one yourself and then tweaking it to your taste? General guitar gadgets sell various muff kits and mammoth electronics do too.

I just want one because Lori S (guitarist from Acid King) has a killer doom tone, and all that she uses is a vintage Little Big Muff, into an 80's JCM800 !!!

Oh, and thanx . . . i'll look into General Guitar Gagets too

Comment

Working...
            X