Xotic SL Drive add to a already overdriven Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xotic SL Drive add to a already overdriven Marshall

Has anyone tried the Xotic SL Drive to a already overdriven Marshall to add some saturation/crunch/cut.

Re: Xotic SL Drive add to a already overdriven Marshall

You might have better luck asking this question on The Gear Page. I've seen very little talk of the SL drive here, I don't think anybody even owns one.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I think it's a very appropriate pedal for that use, because it's a relatively low gain OD and it's voiced like a Super Lead or Super Bass. For adding gain to an overdriven amp, I like low gain OD's because there's more richness than there is with a higher gain OD turned way down.

My favorite pedal for that is the silver Barber LTD.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Those xotic pedals are fantastic, but I think they're meant to be used in front of a clean amp. You can totally use it in front of a dirty Marshall, but I think other pedals would do that job better. I've only used the BB Preamp which is a different sounding pedal altogether, so I'm assuming that the SL is similar just voiced like a Super Lead.

Guitar->pedals->amp
        Gear:
        Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
        Epi Dot Natural
        Partscaster blackie
        Breedlove Passport Mahogany
        VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
        Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

A marshally pedal with a marshall amp is a great formula IMO......My uncle rocks a purple plexi with his Class 5 and he gets great tones out of it.....

Comment

Working...
          X