banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My favorite Klon Klone is on sale - just a heads up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite Klon Klone is on sale - just a heads up!

$155 and built and ready to ship. I have no connection with Dave other than that I love his version of the Klon. It's an extremely accurate recreation and I'm usually plugged into one these days when I'm playing my Strat or Tele. http://pce-fx.myshopify.com/products...arge-enclosure

I like a AF1 a little more than the $63 Soul Food. The AF1 is a little more spacious sounding and a little more transparent.

The Soul Food is great too...but for another $90 the AF1 appears to be even higher quality and even a little better sounding.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Re: My favorite Klon Klone is on sale - just a heads up!

That's a good deal for pedal that's probably indistinguishable from the original.

Back in 2001, I found a mint in box gold Klon on Craigslist for $240. It was the most I'd ever paid for a pedal, but I'm sure glad I grabbed it.

It's tempting to cash out of it, but I like it too much.

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 03-21-2014, 02:07 PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Still using the Bonamassa fuzz face?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        Your board is so damn neat. Or was it neat that day so you decided to take a picture?

Comment

One can not simply jones for gear like Gearjoner and keep **** disorganized.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            Your board is so damn neat. Or was it neat that day so you decided to take a picture?
            The only time I take specific gear pics is when it's new. In this case, I had just vacuumed and reassembled it with the new Bonamassa set. It's been revamped since that pic too. It's way sicker!

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Still using the Bonamassa fuzz face?
            Yep, and I still have the Jimi Fuzz Face you sold me years ago. Also, the EJ FF.
            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 03-21-2014, 05:50 PM.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Take care of my pedal Gearjonser.
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                Thanks for the heads up, Lew. I submitted my order tonight.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I had his AF-2 for a while. Sold it to order one of these, and just havn't yet. I'm glad I sold my AF-2 when I did... I sold it for more than you can order them new for now! The paint on the bottom peeled off, but other than that it was a cool pedal... I just never used the toggles to try true bypass or bass boost. Never saw the need.
                  Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Mine don't have any toggles. But one did formerly belong to Julio Iglesias's guitar player.

I have three of the original hand wired AF1's. Got a little carried away I guess. But at the time Dave had stopped production and I was so blown away by what the pedal did for me that I couldn't imagine life without one.

So I started searching for used ones and after a few months I had three.
                    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
                    X