No announcement yet.

Anyone else have to use TWO noisegates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else have to use TWO noisegates?

What amp have you got then?

I'm waiting on the normal ISP decimator to come so I can test it out after the OD and before the amp, got a feeling this will cut off sustain and mess up my clean channel though.

I'm hoping the solution will be to use the loop of the ISP G string version, with the guitar going directly into the GTR IN jack. Hopefully after the amp mod I won't have to bother with the FX loop cos it'll be quiet.

Comment

The cleanest solution possible will be using the G-string like you have it now and adding the decimator after the ts-9 with the link cable. This will not cut sustain or mess up your clean sound any more than it is now.

But hey, I'm just some dude on the internet. I'm glad you ordered that extra pedal. You'll have the opportunity to test every solution suggested and see what really works. Let us know what you find.

Comment

I had the combo version of this amp and my friend's kept telling me I needed a noise gate because the amp was so hissy and noisy, I upgraded the tubes and the stock speaker, I went with some cheaper yet warmer 6l6s and swapped the speaker for a Black Shadow, and the noisey-ness really went away......It really smoothed all the issues I was having with the amp big time....

Comment

Originally posted by ParameterMan View Post
          The cleanest solution possible will be using the G-string like you have it now and adding the decimator after the ts-9 with the link cable. This will not cut sustain or mess up your clean sound any more than it is now.

But hey, I'm just some dude on the internet. I'm glad you ordered that extra pedal. You'll have the opportunity to test every solution suggested and see what really works. Let us know what you find.
          This was my original plan BEFORE I found out the amp tech could mod it so the lead channel is less noisy. So could I effectively just not use the Gstring in the loop anymore if its quiet afterwards?

Did some troubleshooting today and I found the best method was hooking up the NS-2 after my tubescreamer. If the threshold knob is dialled in correctly its quieter when the ts-9 is kicked on. Squealies weren't cut off that prematurely and rung out chords were alright.

However its hard to test at stage volume in a shared house, can't turn the post-gain knob past 1!

Tried using the loops of both NS-2 and the ISP with no luck. Also experiencing popping noises when clicking between channels?

Comment

Working...
          X