This pedal has a mind of its own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This pedal has a mind of its own

When i step on it, it comes on. When i go to shut it off, sometimes it does, sometimes does not. easy fix? i know little to zero about fixing pedals. thanks dudes

Re: This pedal has a mind of its own

Originally posted by alteredbeast View Post
    When i step on it, it comes on. When i go to shut it off, sometimes it does, sometimes does not. easy fix? i know little to zero about fixing pedals. thanks dudes
    It sounds like a bad switch. Is it a round metal switch, or a boss type housing?

What kind of pedal is it? I've had issues with loose wires causing shorts in some EHX pedals.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      It sounds like a bad switch. Is it a round metal switch, or a boss type housing?

What kind of pedal is it? I've had issues with loose wires causing shorts in some EHX pedals.
      Boss type I'd reckon. ISP decimator, maybe it will be easy for me to switch it out?

Comment

Hmm. I'm not familiar with that one, but if it's built like the Boss pedals sometimes the momentary switch inside stops working properly. In boss stuff it can be replaced by soldering in one of these:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=36
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Hmm. I'm not familiar with that one, but if it's built like the Boss pedals sometimes the momentary switch inside stops working properly. In boss stuff it can be replaced by soldering in one of these:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=36
          Thanks much man, I'm gonna check it out

Comment

It was the switch. Heres what it looks like, i can't tell if its the same size as the one in that link tho. Anyone seen these at the shack?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1_zps7f6b33b6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	5776703
            Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2_zps704370e0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	5776704
            Last edited by alteredbeast; 03-29-2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X