• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Big Muff Clone is for me? FUZZ

FUZZ WAR!!!! Trust me, do it! :]

Comment

If you want the op amp for Pumkins tone, I recommend the el musico loco Siamese Scream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Hecubus View Post
        If you want the op amp for Pumkins tone, I recommend the el musico loco Siamese Scream.

the siamese screamer has the best design out of all the clones I've seen. but I want to be able to restore some of the mids that are lost with the big muff tone. all the clones i've seen are around the same price range new, ~$170. but the feature that the dreamsicle has, is the tone bypass footswitch. I don't care for the orange too much either, but it'll be different than the other pedals I have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blakemore-dreamsicle-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	5776676

Comment

How about a Swollen Pickle?

It feels like Urban Dictionary in here. People are throwing around words like Big Muff, Swollen Pickle, Dreamsicle.

Pedals always have the weirdest names.
          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
          Line 6 Helix
          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

That tone bypass definitely gives the dreamsicle the edge when comparing to the other clones. Good choice!

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

I've heard good things about Fredric Effects Big Muff clones, and almost bought one before I got my Aries Fuzz. Occasionally I see them advertising an op-amp version of the Big Muff. Might be worth checking out.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                How about a Swollen Pickle?

It feels like Urban Dictionary in here. People are throwing around words like Big Muff, Swollen Pickle, Dreamsicle.

Pedals always have the weirdest names.
                Because Mike Matthews named the original the Big Muff Pi! Everyone tries to be creative with their own take on creative euphemisms.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

just got the dreamsicle, wow that was super fast shipping! awesome tones! very much the opamp/ic big muff tones i was searching for. the tone bypass is very helpful for a lead boost or whatever else.

this thread has a really good demo

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Duck View Post
                    FUZZ WAR!!!! Trust me, do it! :]

SG (w. A2P's) - bullet coily cord - Fuzz War - cranked 50W Bassman = brings the DOOM !
                    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by Hecubus View Post
                      That tone bypass definitely gives the dreamsicle the edge when comparing to the other clones. Good choice!

http://reverb.com/marketplace?query=vick+audio - i am looking into one of their products !

That 3 way toggle looks interesting !
                      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                        I've heard good things about Fredric Effects Big Muff clones, and almost bought one before I got my Aries Fuzz. Occasionally I see them advertising an op-amp version of the Big Muff. Might be worth checking out.
                        yes your absolutely right. I looked into the fredric's clone, and while the pedal box has awesome graphics, the footswitch tone bypass on the dreamsicle vs none on the fredric's sold me. The made by mike one is great too, as mike will put custom graphics or whatever for no additional charge. All 3 pedals are in the same price range +/-$10.

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                          Thinking about getting an opamp ic big muff clone. There's a lot of options, but its really hit or miss on some. I'd like one with a more versatility than the original. And for that I was thinking about the Dreamsicle. Looks pretty promising. Any suggestions?

OPAMP Big Muff - http://reverb.com/item/22879-electro...-big-muff-icbm - for $150.00

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                            yeah I saw that one, what an ugly enclosure! That's a pretty reasonable price tho, especially with free shipping. I actually purchased the dreamsicle from reverb.com as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X