NPAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPAD!

ahhhh! another amp with a bad pot - amp level knob is totally dead. rats. I'm really going to need to factor in fixes with used stuff anymore - it's either jacks, pots, or both.

it does some cool stuff though - I went through the presets. most were pretty distant sounding (and have waaaaay too many effects going on), but there were several that will be great for headphone jamming or as springboards towards good sounds. I only cracked the surface, but the dry 5150 sounds cool through my rig.

A new mic stand is coming shortly - I'll do some clips when it comes and after I fiddle some more.

Comment

I would expect the price to be adjusted for that. No telling what could happen to it in return shipping...stuff gets knocked around...capice?

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      ahhhh! another amp with a bad pot - amp level knob is totally dead. rats. I'm really going to need to factor in fixes with used stuff anymore - it's either jacks, pots, or both.

it does some cool stuff though - I went through the presets. most were pretty distant sounding (and have waaaaay too many effects going on), but there were several that will be great for headphone jamming or as springboards towards good sounds. I only cracked the surface, but the dry 5150 sounds cool through my rig.

A new mic stand is coming shortly - I'll do some clips when it comes and after I fiddle some more.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

quick clip of what I've been playing through headphones. sounds a bit harsher and too overdriven compared to when I'm playing. oh well - I've only had the dumb thing for a couple of hours now, lol.

this is a 5150 with an 808 through a vintage style 4 x 12". I don't typically use delay so I probably overdid it with that effect. has kind of an old annihilator thing going on.

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/pa.../gsp5150t1.mp3

another clip w/5150 no virtual cab into jtm30, mic'ed with sm57:

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/pa.../gsp5150t2.mp3

This one doesn't have dely or virtual 808. Not my favorite tone in the world by any means - I could stand to fiddle more with the controls, place mic better, etc., but thought I'd go ahead and show difference with a real cab while I had things set up.
        Last edited by DankStar; 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

here's a diamond head sucking my love tone:

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/pa...marshallt1.mp3

original:

Comment

I love modeling stuff. That thing looks sweet.

Comment

Working...
            X