NPAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPAD!

I've been eyeballing one of these for awhile now. Timing & price were right so I went for it. Odd that it ended up being from the bay - I never see these things used on local CL (heck, there's only a few used ones on the bay at any given time). Should be here next week.

Digitech GSP 1101:

I'm no stranger to digital stuff - I often miss my old line 6 flextone head. And even if I don't end up liking/using the amp models (although I have a feeling I'll dig many of them - the plexi drive and 800 models sound very cool in clips), I've been in need of a nice multi-effect unit to add some verb and delay. Plus I need a sick headphone amp setup for night usage that doesn't involve a computer.

Dude said it was upgraded to C46. I guess they went up to C63? I obviously have no idea how to update the thing or what C46 has on it, but I'd love to have the 5150 model! Any tips on that end would be greatly appreciated. FWIW, I don't want to fix something that's not broken. I like the idea of being able to import impulses for additional cabs, but that's something I could easily do in the box if I really had to.
    Last edited by DankStar; 03-27-2014, 10:43 PM.

Re: NPAD!

Now can you post some clips? Congrats, looks like a great unit. Liek my Sansamp sorta I guess.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      Now can you post some clips? Congrats, looks like a great unit. Liek my Sansamp sorta I guess.
      yeah, I'll do up a clip when it comes in!
      Last edited by DankStar; 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

heard lots of good things about those units. Happy NPAD!

Comment

w00t!
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Nice! Congrats!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

It's been an honor serving with you fine gentlemen.

Comment

sweet

Comment

Turns out he had updated to the last stable version - C63. Guess I'll be leaving it as is!

Comment

Great!
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
                      Are you running it with a power amp?
                      When not using it as a headphone amp or direct recording thing, I'll use it into the return loop of one of my amps (and probably not have a cab sim on at that point). I've been sort of looking for a stand alone power amp, but the loop thing works so well it seems redundant to get one. I would like to get a protective rack box though.

Comment

If it's MIDI you can integrate it with your JMP-1, and create patches that are independent or combined.

You should grab that Marshall power amp as well.
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                          If it's MIDI you can integrate it with your JMP-1, and create patches that are independent or combined.

You should grab that Marshall power amp as well.
                          The dude with the VS power amp didn't answer my text, kinda weird. The 20/20 would be ideal.

Comment

ahhhh! another amp with a bad pot - amp level knob is totally dead. rats. I'm really going to need to factor in fixes with used stuff anymore - it's either jacks, pots, or both.

it does some cool stuff though - I went through the presets. most were pretty distant sounding (and have waaaaay too many effects going on), but there were several that will be great for headphone jamming or as springboards towards good sounds. I only cracked the surface, but the dry 5150 sounds cool through my rig.

A new mic stand is coming shortly - I'll do some clips when it comes and after I fiddle some more.

Comment

I would expect the price to be adjusted for that. No telling what could happen to it in return shipping...stuff gets knocked around...capice?

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                              ahhhh! another amp with a bad pot - amp level knob is totally dead. rats. I'm really going to need to factor in fixes with used stuff anymore - it's either jacks, pots, or both.

it does some cool stuff though - I went through the presets. most were pretty distant sounding (and have waaaaay too many effects going on), but there were several that will be great for headphone jamming or as springboards towards good sounds. I only cracked the surface, but the dry 5150 sounds cool through my rig.

A new mic stand is coming shortly - I'll do some clips when it comes and after I fiddle some more.
                              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X