banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedal Newbie... What order would these effects go in a signal chain?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Newbie... What order would these effects go in a signal chain?...

In the last 4 months or so I have gotten the TC Electronic Chorus, Reverb, and Delay Pedals. Having said that, what is the correct order to put them in a signal chain? Also, do I set all to true bypass or does one need to be on buffered (thought I heard something like this). Any input appreciated....
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Re: Pedal Newbie... What order would these effects go in a signal chain?...

I think there is no correct order, the only way to find your spot is to experiment. Anyway, my way would be like that:

chorus -> delay -> reverb

In the studio I rout the FX that way. Chorus makes the modulation and the stereo panning. Delay makes a stop and go echo effect, reverb adds dimension to it. That way they work in their own territory without messing the next module too much. Perhaps reverb is the most sensitive unit as anything after it may give a goofy result. I put anything after that only if some weird effect is the goal.
    Wackor
    Ørdøg
    NecroPolo
    Diabolus in Musica
    SIDrip Alliance
    Book of Shadows
    RKH

Comment

Re: Pedal Newbie... What order would these effects go in a signal chain?...

My own feeling is to put a buffered pedal at the end of your pedal chain. Others say the beginning, though some pedals seem to not like having a buffer in front of them from my experience.

I have a TC Flashback 4 with the buffer on as my last pedal; if I use reverb it's in the amp.

Not sure which TC delay you have but one aspect of mine is that if you don't enable the buffer, the bypass cuts your delay immediately when you hit the switch; vs. letting the repeats die out.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X