Recomend a crazy octave fuzz for humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recomend a crazy octave fuzz for humbuckers

I had a Catalinbread Perseus. It does both one octave and two. Very obnoxious, strong gate. You gotta roll off tone and use the neck pickup, also don't run a buffered pedal into it. But it was pretty cool with a wah and also with overdrive after it. I got rid of mine to save pedalboard space and i couldn't really find a use for it, but it was fun to play around with.

sigpic

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/102353-j-roc...-shifting-fuzz - mmmmmmmmm . . .
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Ordered an Ultimate Octave. Listened to some bands and found out it's EXACTLY what I was looking for... Will report soon. Hopefully starting a Vlog on youtube soon geared towards fuzz's od's into OVERDRIVEN amps here soon. Lot's of demos of pedals into clean amps, but few good ones show casing with high chunky gain!
        Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Nice! I'm sure you will like. There's quite a bit of Ultimate Octave guitars on my latest album ... sounds MASSIVE.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
          X