REDISCOVERY.... NEW PEDAL DAY..FOUND ON MY SHELF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDISCOVERY.... NEW PEDAL DAY..FOUND ON MY SHELF

Ever start going through your pedal collection and find one and then wonder.....why did I put this in the closet, or on the shelf????????
    I just experienced this with a Delay I was madly in love with, .... used on my board, purchased another as a backup.... then one day switched
    because I thought I found something better.
    It's a forum mascot, the Deja Vu Delay. Yes, I have two of them! On a shelf for over a year at least! Just pulled one off yesterday and put it on my board. WOW!
    I forgot how great this pedal is. I know the history, I know the issues, but DAMM! this pedal is really fantastic. I have been using a Strymon Brigadier for the past year on my board. Great Pedal, no doubt, but after playing with the Deja Vu for over 3 hours, ........ WELL, Its back on the board. Brigadier is off for now.
    What made me excited again???
    1) The Modulation when in its Analog mode
    2) The blending of digital to Analog ( Please no arguments whether its a real analog or not, it uses a BB Chip and that works for me)
    3) The loop feature....into my POG II........Yea Doggies!

Anyway.... This if FUN!

Brad
    Last edited by briggleman; 04-02-2014, 07:36 AM.

Re: REDISCOVERY.... NEW PEDAL DAY..FOUND ON MY SHELF

Man, most of my pedals were in storage for the better part of three years. It was like a combination of Christmas and the first time I went to Guitar Center when I opened those boxes up!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Basically, I have been using just 4 pedals on my Acoustic board for the past year for gigs and events. The main two being the Strymon and Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (the 18 volt 1996 version). Just got into the groove and never really thought to change anything up. Our group has been on a lull lately due to business trips, personal events, and other life matters. More time to play around with all the equipment I have acquired over the years.

You are right, Just like Christmas all over again going through all these effects, guitars, and amps and finding out just why you own it in the first place.

Brad

Comment

The Deja Vu is a terribly underrated delay pedal. It's got a great sound.

In the past year, I've acquired a few delay pedals, thinking I'll sell the Deja Vu. Even though I've got a Pigtronix Phi Echolution and T Rex Replica, I still want to hang onto the Deja Vu.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

i liked everything about mine...until the analog side stopped working.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by briggleman View Post
            Ever start going through your pedal collection and find one and then wonder.....why did I put this in the closet, or on the shelf????????
            Just this week I was looking for a pedal to add some gain for a new song my band is playing. Dug out my old 90s Marshall Drivemaster (original black box / red writing version). Wow - it did that job and more. What a killer overdrive pedal! I need to get that one back on my board!

Comment

Working...
            X