NPD: The King of Rats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: The King of Rats!

Had this deucetone for a while actually, but just had it modded, so it's like a npd. The deucetone isn't popular at all, but just so all know: it has 2 channels, channel a can switch between dirty vintage and turbo rat mods, channel b can switch between clean vintage and turbo rat modes. Channel b can be cascaded into channel a for all kinds of crazy tones that are actually useful. It can be ran in stereo, into 2 amps, and I believe 2 guitars can be plugged in as well (never tried it). I believe this pedal evolved from the r2du rack unit, http://www.procosound.com/effects-devices/deucetone-rat

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deucetone.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	5832708
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Deucetone back.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	5832709

I had channel a modded to put in the famous lm308 chip. The lm308 has more bass than the op07, and of course has the vintage quality. But the op07 is much better for higher notes and leads in my opinion. I'm really glad I left channel b stock, so I have the best of both rat worlds. I wanted to have a reutz mod done to channel a, but it didn't work out. Wonder what that would've been like. Deucetones can be found for $80-$140 used, and it's like having 2 separate rats.

Re: NPD: The King of Rats!

Sweet! That would be perfect for dual-humbucker guitar, modded to have stereo out, using a stereo jack, so that you could set one dirt level for one pickup and another for the other. Separate distortion at the flick of your pickup selector switch.

Comment

Re: NPD: The King of Rats!

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Sweet! That would be perfect for dual-humbucker guitar, modded to have stereo out, using a stereo jack, so that you could set one dirt level for one pickup and another for the other. Separate distortion at the flick of your pickup selector switch.
      Now that is a good idea!

Comment

Working...
      X