Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fulltone Fulldrive 3... and it's Under $150

Taken from the Fulltone email I received earlier:

The Fulldrive-2 has been a huge success over the years…with 150,000 sold over the last 20 years. It's still on many Pro's pedalboards, now $149 MSRP / $120 street, and it’s not going ANYWHERE. The FD2 is now $149.

But over the years people have asked: "Please offer a footswitchable independent Clean-Boost channel" as opposed to the FD2’s footswitchable “Distortion Boost” function.
    So the Custom Shop "20th anniversary FD3" was born..5000 pcs. built and SOLD OUT in 8 months.

Introducing the new Fulltone Fulldrive 3
    $179 MSRP / $144 street

*real N.O.S. JRC4558D chip.

* the Fulltone-exclusive “Order switch” which places the Boost channel either before or after the Overdrive section of the circuit: After takes whatever sound you have set and increases the Volume so you pop out of the mix. Before pounds the input of the Overdrive channel and increases the distortion, there's not a substantial increase in volume...which is more like the FD2.

*Three switchable Clipping Modes:
    "90's" original 90's warm FD2-like voicing. Transparent? NOT! Think Mids, rich Mids, Color, beautiful color. You want transparent? You got the wrong mode.

"Wide Asym"...that's Wide Asymmetrical, for a beautiful, chimey, more open sound.
    And a staple form the FD2,

“Comp-Cut” mode: This mode removes all diode clipping from the JRC4558 opamp, giving it a somewhat clean-boost feature or an aggressive opamp clipping sound on higher “Overdrive” settings.

*completely independent, discrete JFET Clean Boost channel that can be used by itself! This channel has its own Volume control and a unique mini-knob controlling Germanium Diode "Limiter" functionthat has to be felt to be really appreciated! Clockwise on this knob takes out the strident, irritating spikes that occur with other clean boosts when you hit the strings hard....absolutely gorgeous feature destined to be a classic. This Boost circuit does not invert the signal like most clean-boosts and can be used with or without the overdrive section of the pedal.

The Icing on the cake? The housing is about 20% smaller than the traditional Fulldrive2

MSRP is $179

Shipping next week!

I think it's pretty cool that they put the comp cut back in from the Custom Shop version. The $100+ reduction in price is really nice too. I might actually pick one up at some point. And the black is way better looking than the orange on the CS version.
    Attached Files
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: New Fulltone Fulldrive 3... and it's Under $150

i much preferred the fd2 to the custom shop fd3, but i look forward to checking this new one out!
    Quality riffs in about a minute...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

My fd3 custom shop version had some weird problem with the order switch... And I sold it for what I paid... Kept my FD2 longer, then got a klon klone, then sold all my ods... But... The FD 3 had a SICK sound in classic mode though.
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I guess that you would have to like Fulltone product,

AND I am not saying much for Mike either!
        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Wampler products are better in quality and tone!
          Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
          When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
          Red Devils - 1% all the way!
          Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Fulltone is solid. Out of all my dirt boxes - the old Fulldrive 2 running at 18V hits the spot for me.

I might get a FD3.

Comment

I've been looking at the new version of the 3. People always talk about the comp cut feature and how that was missing from the custom shop 3, so I'm glad to see they brought that back and I think the black will resonate with a lot more people.
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
              X