Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: King of Tone - Analog man - ?

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Yes, FoxRox (Dave Fox). It's been out of production for some time. It's basically his idea of "Jimi in a box".
    (I have a bit of an issue with pedals )
    I was lucky enough to get one of the last CCII's made. Picked up the Ge and Si fuzz cards later on.

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
      I was lucky enough to get one of the last CCII's made. Picked up the Ge and Si fuzz cards later on.
      That's awesome. I only have the original card, is he still making them or do I need to go to Analog Mike for new fuzz cards?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        That's awesome. I only have the original card, is he still making them or do I need to go to Analog Mike for new fuzz cards?
        Last I heard, Foxrox will still make them. I got one off of a Plexi Palace member and the other off TGP.

Comment

On an unrelated note, IMO the KoT is crave-worthy because it has such a good foundation. The diodes it uses - MA856 - are fairly neutral sounding apart from the circuit itself. I've tried them in two pedals, and IME compared with other diodes, they don't add any color to the circuit. That's not a good thing or a bad thing - it's just how my ears perceive them. My guess is that Mike wanted something that was a good (I would say fantastic if I had ever tried one haha) clean boost, that had the most neutral-sounding diodes he could find, so that way the driven channel(s) aren't so far off that it feels like you're playing through two different pedals. He has (1) access to better equipment, and (2) a better ear than I do, so he can hear these minute differences that elude me.

Basically, what I'm saying is, there's a reason you have to wait years before you can get your hands on a KoT.
          Originally posted by ImmortalSix
          I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Don't give me more GAS... LOL

I like my dirt boxes to sound neutral.

Comment

Right now he is saying it's about an 8 month wait. I don't mind, because I have something that works well now but when I get it, I will have more flexibility.

The form factor and 2 channel/stackable configuration are as big a selling point to me as the actual tone itself. It's odd that there aren't very many other 2 channel ODs out there.

sigpic

Comment

Well the KoT is actually 2 configurable boost/od/distortion circuits in the same box.

There are some ODs that come with a boost - the Fulldrive series of pedals (I actually don't know if it is a boost or another drive/distortion circuit), and the BYOC OD2 have that feature. I don't know how the Bogner pedals work exactly but those seem to be another flavor as well.

But, AFAIK those pedals that I mentioned are more along the lines of a basic OD/drive coupled with a lead boost, whereas the KoT (while it can do that), is two discreet circuits that share a housing.
                Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Working...
                X