BOSS OD-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS OD-3

Does anybody have alot of experience with the BOSS OD-3? What are the differences between the OD-3and the SD-1?
    "Do you think the bass is taking away from the vocals?" Dirk Diggler

Re: BOSS OD-3

I think the OD-3 is the most transparent OD that Boss has ever made. Most consider it as an improved BD-2, without the fizziness, lack of bass, and other problems that cause many BD-2 owners to mod their pedals. It's great right out of the box. Some say it is overly bassy, but I've not experienced this at all, I think it must have something to do with what amp and guitar they are using. There have been many threads on the Boss-oriented forum (the Stompbox Zone) comparing the OD-3 and BD-2. Don't know how it compares to an SD-1, though.

Al

Comment

You know, I have heard a ton of awesome about this - whenever I hear about it. But it seems on the down low…
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

OD3 is a GREAT pedal. I will never let mine go. Recently I've been using a rehearsal place that offers a variety of Marshalls - Jubilee, DSL, 900 etc. I find these all to be okay amps at best but the OD3 makes them come to life. I set them up for a crunch sound and use the OD3 for leads. It adds all the sparkle and punch that the amps own lead channels don't have. It also makes a great clean boost with the gain at zero.

Comment

Great Pedal. This and the dd-3 are the boss pedals I will hold on to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought the OD3, SD1, & BD2 all together and, in the end, only kept the SD1, after adding the monte GT mod. But I just sold the SD1 after getting the mxr custom badass OD. The SD1 had only one tone setting that worked for me; not flexible at all. the mxr destroyed it in every way imo.

I thought the OD3 was a very good pedal though; better than a stock SD1 imo, but not really a direct type of sound comparison. Less compressed, no loss of bass, nice harmonics.

Comment

Thanx for the input guys. Right now I`m playing an early 2000 red stripe Peavey Bandit, I dig the cleans, and the lead channel has tons of gain I just need an overdrive pedal to help give the lead channel some character. I have my eyes set on an EH SOUL FOOD, and I was also looking to add a TS-808 or SD-1 to my collection but after seeing a demo of the OD-3 and a BD-2 on youtube, I think I will be test driving those 2 pedals as well.
              "Do you think the bass is taking away from the vocals?" Dirk Diggler

Comment

My comments were based on my experience of the OD3 through tube amps. Putting it through a solid state amp will be a whole different story. Never tried it myself. Perhaps it would be better for you to ask the forumites which o/d pedals work best with s/s amps.

Comment

I recently got the Soul Food and my first reaction was that it sounded like my OD-3. I want to AB them when I get some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                  X