• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Re: Small Stone univibe mod . . .

Don't turn it off. :P

Seriously though, there isn't a significant volume drop on the NYC reissue one that I have (the one with the square cutout in the middle of the board). I usually have the volume a touch rolled back on my guitar, so it's possible to make it a bit louder should it be necessary.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

How do you fix the volume issue on the big box Small Stone/Small Clone?

Leave a comment:

• Big Flannel
    replied

I wish I had a full sized version to try this with. Thanks for the tip, though.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied

I only have the big one. I think packing in the wiring and finding the space for the switch would be challenging on the nano.

Leave a comment:

• Hecubus
    replied

Can you do this on the Nano version too, or just the big one?

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    started a topic Small Stone univibe mod . . .

Small Stone univibe mod . . .

. . . it's pretty fricking awesome.

You just replace the four 0.0068uF capacitors in the circuit (they're the ones next to the op amps, not the .0068 one off of the input) with similar values to those used in the univibe (1nF, 10nF, 470pF, and 4.7nF). I stuck 'em on two DPDT switches to go back and forth between the original values (there's plenty of room at the top of the pedal near the power jack to add switches). The change to the pedal is really nice and does cop a pretty decent univibe sound. It's more liquidy and less overbearing for lead playing than the regular small stone, but I still like the normal values better for reggae/funk type rhythm.

For 30 minutes of soldering/de-soldering this has pretty much quashed my interest in buying a vibe pedal!
Working...
X