NPD: MXR Phase 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: MXR Phase 90

Guy met me at school so I haven't tried it yet :/ but I will when I get home. And pictures are coming after class. But it's in mint condition and I got it for $75 CAD ($69 USD) which I think is good for mint condition and all the MXR swag in the box still. Pictures incoming
    Last edited by epi; 04-08-2014, 12:40 PM.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Re: NPD: MXR Phase 90

Script logo or block?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Nope...

Comment

Congrats. You'd be hard pressed to find a more widely noticeable effect besides a Ibanez Tubescreamer. The Phase 90 is one of the most popular effects of all time and the minute you plug it in, it'll be easy to see why.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	5776894Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0719.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	5776896
        Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
        Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

There are two very simple mods that really make the phase 90 a super usable pedal. For both mods all you do is clip out a resistor or capacitor, the R28 and C11. It makes the phase much less harsh and way more subtle, more like the script. Solid pedal!

Guitar->pedals->amp
          Gear:
          Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
          Epi Dot Natural
          Partscaster blackie
          Breedlove Passport Mahogany
          VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
          Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

I had a a GREAT one (block). I hadn't used it in a while and loaned my pedal board to my niece's husband.

He couldn't get it to work, so he opened it up. I had left a battery in it and it corroded.

I am disappointed.
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by thespricket View Post
              There are two very simple mods that really make the phase 90 a super usable pedal. For both mods all you do is clip out a resistor or capacitor, the R28 and C11. It makes the phase much less harsh and way more subtle, more like the script. Solid pedal!

Guitar->pedals->amp
              I really like it the way it is tbh

Comment

, it's probably not necessary to modify it. I typically set mine at about 25% or 9:00 for most uses.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                X