Fulldrive 2 Mosfet VS Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulldrive 2 Mosfet VS Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-10

I've used the full drive for a while now but I saw some demos of the TS-10... yeah yeah, along with some SRV footage.

Now I'm into the idea of getting one. What do you guys think? I'm willing to give up the "boost" function on my full drive, in my rig the overdrive pedal IS the boost.

Re: Fulldrive 2 Mosfet VS Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-10

TS will have less dirt on tap , will be more polite and less overall volume in terms of boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
      TS will have less dirt on tap , will be more polite and less overall volume in terms of boost.

Sounds more like what I want, the full drive is like a distortion pedal!

Comment

Not at all, it is still very much an overdrive.

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I've had a Fulldrive 2 for many years and I've never been able to love it. In flat mode it's cold and harsh, and in vintage mode it sounds muddy. I prefer Tube Screamers, but I've only used the OD808 and TS-9.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
            I've had a Fulldrive 2 for many years and I've never been able to love it. In flat mode it's cold and harsh, and in vintage mode it sounds muddy. I prefer Tube Screamers, but I've only used the OD808 and TS-9.
            There's some good sounds to be had, but I've never been fully satisfied. It just isn't doing that pushed amp SRV kind of sound.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              Not at all, it is still very much an overdrive.

it's always pushed my sound way too hard with gain.

the lowest settings on the fulldrive are kind of lifeless.

Higher settings gave me too much gain.

Comment

i reckon SRV would have swapped his tubescreamers for a fulldrive if they were around back then.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                  i reckon SRV would have swapped his tubescreamers for a fulldrive if they were around back then.
                  Hmm...

I'm going to try out the ts 10. See what I get.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                    Does anyone know how many different pedals he had tried out, as in many / not many? You'd think a lot, but some musicians fall in love with their first crush and never wander. I know that a lot of players like the TS because SRV used one, so I wonder how just how selective he was.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                      Hmm...

I'm going to try out the ts 10. See what I get.
                      The main problems you will strike with a TS-10 will be the cheap switch and the fact that the input and output are connected directly to the PCB. They sound great, reasonably close to the original TS-808 I had back in the early 80s, but reliability can become an issue.

Cheers.................................... wahwah
                      Highway Star
                      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                      Mistreated
                      Cause We Ended As Lovers
                      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
                        Does anyone know how many different pedals he had tried out, as in many / not many? You'd think a lot, but some musicians fall in love with their first crush and never wander. I know that a lot of players like the TS because SRV used one, so I wonder how just how selective he was.
                        You know the full drive was my crush and I was pretty loyal to it for a while but I guess the honeymoon phase was over and I realized that it didn't really sound the way that I thought it did.

Comment

Working...
                        X